Military Firearm Restoration Corner

What is wrong in America

odies dad

10 hours ago, FC said:

You’re still in MN, right? How do you think the vote will go?

I don’t know how it reflects on all the population of Minnesota. Years ago I spent eight days in the twin cities. During the stay a buddy and I hooked up with some locals. After seeing on TV the riots there I tracked down two women we had a short lived fling with. I couldn’t believe their responses. In my phone conversations both said yes the riots, looting and fires are really happening but one in particular blamed everything on Trump and him not keeping his promise to eliminate police corruption. I don’t recall Trump making that promise but I wasn’t going to challenge her. The other woman the one I hooked up with. Didn’t name Trump but everything was the govt and police’s fault for repressing minorities blacks especially. Something she told me I never saw in a news report. People on the street selling looted merchandise and police turning a blind eye to it. 

While I was in the Twin Cities my friend and I were invited to attend a rally to support the former Hormel workers. I wasn’t interested but my friend kept bugging me to go.  I can’t remember the name of the group but they were die hard communists. When TV cameras showed up I made a quick exit. I was afraid of being seen on TV.. After waiting outside and hooking back up with the locals and my friend. A small group gathered around one of the speakers. He was looking for cash donations and I about sh!t when my friend handed him some cash. I confronted the speaker and asked him outright if he was a communist. He wouldn’t say yes or no. He responded with something like. So what if I am a Commie, Fascist or Republican. Do you think it’s fair for the Hormel workers to go to bed hungry while some people fly to New York just to buy a $500 steak dinner then fly back home and be picked up at the airport by a limousine. He gave similar answers like, why do corporations give their executives a workout room with showers all paid for by the corporation while their machinists have to buy their own tools. Workers have to car pool while executives get free of charge a new Cadillac every year. I was getting pissed off and with a raised voice I said “are you a GD card carrying communist or not”. My friend interrupted his hand on my shoulder telling me to calm down he’s bringing up some good points. I was surprised my friend, the two women and two teenagers that tagged along were buying the Commies BS.

I guess before I do anymore keyboard rambling, being unable to fall asleep at 3:00 AM. It was about 1987 or 88 when I left the Twin Cities believing it was a collection of die hard libs and reds. Unless Trump wins the entire country by a landslide I’m pretty sure Minnesota will go for Biden/Harris. Correct me if wrong but wasn’t the left’s hero Walter Mondale from MN?? I was raised to hate Communists the main reason my family moved to Arizona about 1953. 

Most of the state consists of conservative Republicans. 

The twin cities and iron range tend to run liberal. The iron range might flip to Republicans but the welfare cases in the cities like the handouts that the Democrats promise them.

Iron range is union. Democrats have kinda pissed off some of the unions. 

I see a lot more Trump signs than Biden. There is also a move to recall governor Walz. I am not holding my breath.