Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Is the site slow?

Guest Guest_MorgansBoss_*

Guest Guest_MorgansBoss_*

Is it just me or has the site slowed down lately. Not the activity but rather the speed with which pages load. I don't have this problem on other sites but it seems to take awfully long for a page to open here lately.

FC, what say, is it my machine or connection or is it Invision? I'm on cable but pages load like I'm back on dial-up.

Agonizingly.

The site is slow enough to make me almost miss dial-up! NOT!

It's frustrating enough that I don't want to stick around waiting for pages to load.

It's not my broadband connection, and it's not my computer...it's the site, I'm sure of it.

I'd say it's driving me bonkers, but I can't even be sure of that! LOL!

The site is indeed slow as have been a few others the last week or so. I am not convinced it is an invision problem in itself, but whatever the cause it is there. When you get to be my age it is hard to remember what you are thinking long enough to get it said!!LOL Oh well, to some that may be a blessing in itself. swamp_thing

To those of you lucky souls who have escaped the binds of dial-up, I say "Welcome to the club".

This site has not only slowed down, but this morning it did the unforgivable--it failed to recognize fritz as a member.

The audacity of it! The nerve of it! And all those other expletives that I muttered as I resubmitted my name and password.

So, there are some who remember how slow dial-up was?

Welcome to the club.

fritz

And to those who doubt if it's this server? or their computer, let me say that Bill still remembers me. Oh yeah, he remembers me. I still am unregistered over there-- just as here now!

the guest

Fritz,

You just can't win for loosing with these computers can you?

...Ya must be snakebit...

Don't worry amigo, I've had hell with this site too. I like to click on View New Posts to save myself some searching and here lately I've noticed a lot of error messages when I try to click there. That, or I simply can't access the site via the link in my favorites file. I have to go into the Internet Explorer History feature and backtrack to a previous page I've looked at and go from there. Also...I've noticed the site is slower - especially when it comes to loading. Maybe its time for our site host to upgrade his hardware?

Jason

N.B. And Fritz, I'm still on dial-up. mad.gif