Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Army Field Manual nails it

FC

The Army nailed it: "Resistance, rebellion, or civil war begins in a nation where political, sociological, economic, or religious division has occurred. Divisions of this nature are usually caused by a violation of rights or privileges, the oppression of one group by the dominant or occupying force, or the threat to the life and freedom of the populace." Chapter 2, Resistance and Guerilla Warfare." FM 31-21.

I always felt that the oath of service summed it up perfectly. "To support and defend the Constitution from all enemies foreign or domestic". I believe that there isn't any question, we have domestic enemies at this time. Ralph

On 11/21/2020 at 3:54 AM, AzRednek said:

Hope it never comes down to an armed rebellion but if the election is turned around TSWHTF big time. Hoard ammo and magazines, you might need it to defend your home against looters and rioters.

I hope it doesn't either. I have plenty of everything except pistol projectiles. I have lead for range use but very little jacketed. 

On 11/22/2020 at 5:54 AM, rdm1962 said:

I hope it doesn't either. I have plenty of everything except pistol projectiles. I have lead for range use but very little jacketed. 

I’m in good shape except buckshot shot shells. I have quite a bit but they are well over 15 years old. I only have 8 left of Remington 12 ga loaded with real copper BB’s. Picked them up about 5 years ago and haven’t seen any since. I finally got a box of 38 Special +P HP. I had to go to a price gouger. 20rd box of Hornady 110 HP cost 39.99 plus shipping. I also got 2, 50rd boxes of 41 mag Remington jacketed soft nose. After finally finding the 38’s I’m done searching the net every morning for ammo. 

Don’t know what happened to my post. Best I recall, I posted to load up with 22 RF for practice and hang on to your Centerfire just in case the need arises. I personally saw some rioting summer of 67 or maybe 68. They meant business and we saw two guys carrying old military rifles.