Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Thanksgiving

fritz

Well, tomorrow is the big day, the day of the big meal and time once again for us all to pause and gives thanks.

I have many things to be thankful for this year. My first grandchild, my health, a little wealth, and a loving wife beside me.

When I compare all the troubles of the world to my measly troubles, mine pale in the comparison. I think my sign-off line pretty well sums it up.

What are you all planning for tomorrow? For me, I will be over at my sister's place (a whole mile away). The kids are going to McAllen to be with her parents. I decided not to drive that much this year, so the kids stopped off here this afternoon on their way to the valley.

My grandaughter is already doing things (at 6 months) that the book says are not to be expected untill 1 year old. She can almost walk on her own already.

I hope you all have a happy day, and give thanks for just how much better off we are than many others.

fritz

fritz, sounds like you are going to have a great day tomorrow and I wish you and yours the best of Thanksgivings. I know how great it is to enjoy the things that one has to be thankful for, especially the grandchildren. I have a grand daughter that I am having the joys of watching grow up and there is nothing else like it. You are right on about us having so much to be thankful for and one only needs to look around a bit to realize this. Well spoken words my friend. Have a great holiday. swamp_thing

Well, it's now Thanksgiving day!

I would like to wish you all a very lovely Thanksgiving, and to extend to you all my own thanks for your interaction and advice, the pleasant bantering and thought-provoking topics.

Have a wonderful day, and remember, life's uncertain, eat dessert first!

Happy Thanksgiving all.

Honestly I'm thankfull for the simple things. A great family, good friends, food on the table every day, a warm home and I guess all the things we sometimes take for granted.

I was on vacation for a week for deer season. Today is my first day back to work. It may sound like a bummer, but I'm also thankfull that I have a job to go to where my coworkers are almost like family. We'll be celebrating at work today. On holidays we all bring something in. Main course will be rotiserie chicken from on of the local Middle-Eastern restaurants.

Guest Guest_MorgansBoss_*

I to am thankful for the friends I've found here. In this age when families are scattered and gatherings of same are not what we remember, it is refreshing to come here and interact with you folks. In a way we are family, complete with sometimes strained relationships, disagreements and various philosophies. At the end of the day though, we can all sit down with a commonly shared connection, one that holds us together in spite of petty differences. Thank you folks, I enjoy your company and don't need an excuse to visit.