Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Things that make go Hmmm.......

ShooterTom

Makes me wonder what will happen in a future calamity. Will armed gun confiscation be a priority as it was in New Orleans following the hurricane?? During the Anthrax scare. After fed LEO’s entered the contaminated Post Office. They distributed their antibiotics, Cipro I believe it was named. They double dosed themselves and gave it to their service dogs but refused it to postal workers in the same facility. I was told but can’t say it’s fact. There was some kind of vitamin or mineral cocktail also distributed to the feds that protects from radiation. Excuses ranged from “we ran out”, need Dr’s prescription, liability reasons or told to get it from your own agency. Pretty well surmises what might, more likely will happen if need arises during any kind of emergency with limited supplies available. Government gets theirs first and any left overs will likely be hoarded for their possible future use until abundant supplies arrive. John Q Public will likely get little or nothing.

Yeah, Cipro.  Not sure on the vitamins for radiation exposure, beyond a good mega-dose like we used to give the burn unit patients.  Probably heavy on Vitamin C, maybe some B complex.  I invested a few dollars (not much) in a company that was developing a radiation protection/treatment (like post exposure) drug in cooperation with the Russians, back when the Russians were our new Best Friends Forever and not "trying to steal our election."  It showed promise.  The drug.  The company didn't.  I think it's still around but about to be swept under the rug.