Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Demorats are right !

Horsefly

I was just thinking about you and FC a little while ago, I stopped in Wally World to grab oil and filter for mommas rig and they had garden seed out,first I’ve seen this year . It would take a box car load of dynamite to put a seed in the ground here the grounds froze so hard.

But I was thinking you guys might be able to start putting your early stuff in before long.

First thing we get out is taters on St. Patties day if possible then a few cold crops later and last frost around here is around the 10th of May but I usually just wait till first of June to put out tomatoes, cucumbers, peppers and the like as the ground don’t get warm enough for stuff to really do good till then here.

But me and my old cows could sure do with a dose of that global warming.

I’ve got onions planted. See how they do at near zero. If we could get snow they’d be ok. Hard to believe we survived winters with no heat at night sleeping under so many quilts it was hard to turn over. We moved to a farm Dad rented on Red River that had in door bathroom but couldn’t use it most mornings cause the water would be froze in the bowl. We planted tatters Feb. 14th no matter the weather. The last year I helped plant it sleeted so hard for so long someone went in front looking for the rows to drop eyes in. What a crazy rule that was. Here in Texas it can be 7 or 70 Feb. 14. I plant tomato’s April 1st but still get bit some years. Monday and Tuesday will definitely be hog-killing weather here.