Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Rifle Slings

I guess I'm just not a sling snob.  I just use whatever is (cough) cheap, comfortable and I can tension up in a shooting position.  My latest is a bag of 10 "shoulder straps" that I got from Sportsmans Guide, 

https://www.sportsmansguide.com/product/index/us-military-surplus-carry-straps-10-pack-used?a=2192471

10 for $32, or $3.20 ea.  They are a web strap with the clip ends like an AK sling.  I cut the stitching and put a sling quick connect in place of the clip.

I can do some leather work.  Not necessarily really heavy leather, but lighter stuff.  I use my grandmother's hand crank Singer.

I haven't attempted sewing with my leather work, yet. Though I do have a Yankee sewing awl I've used on nylon webbing. At the fleamarket, garage sales, and thrift stores good Swedish axes weren't uncommon, but sheaths are. So that's when I started . I just use a sling for shoulder carry as I go for a walk in the fall woods.