Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Prices for old mausers and Mosins

karlunity

As I recall some of you fella took advantage of the old 5 fors and  65 buck Mosins?  Well your ship have truly come in.   The prices people now ask and pay have to bee seen to be believed.

The collectors are in my opinion mad or far far richer than I,

karl

I keep looking at all my Yugo Mausers and US military rifles and wonder if I should cash in. The Mauser are all matching and in excellent condition. I paid around $100 when I bought them 15+ years ago. I haven't even fired most. If I sell them then I would just go and buy something else with the money. I'll just keep them in the safe and let my wife deal with them when I die. 

I have some Turk Mausers still in the grease I paid less than 100 for, several other European that have been just collecting dust and not fired in 20 years. I’ve passed a few Mausers to my nephew, son and grandson. Before the Feds killed Backpage I got a few S&W revolvers in straight across trades for Mausers. The idea of cashing out pops up in my mind occasionally but for the time being at best I consider all my Mausers as trading up goods. I’m to old to start another sporter project.. If I were ever to become hard up and needing money, my Mausers would be the first to go. I can’t take them to the grave but it will take financial desperation before I part company with any of my US military rifles. My 1909 dated 03 Springfield I paid about 150 for in the mid 70’s. I could rapidly fetch a G or 1500 if I was patient but I’d rather have the rifle than the cash.

I know  how you feel.

I paid less than 100 for most of my milsups.. The value has gone up a lot .

But I would really have to need the money before I would sell them.

karl