Military Firearm Restoration Corner

10 cents of paper stops what a space suit does not? How special

karlunity

Ok Let me understand. A virus that escaped a CAT 4 containment lab..where they almost wear space suits is going to be stopped by a 10 cent paper mask?

karl  

I got the idea of this from a learned friend on this site....

So?  The question than is:  Is this untested vax worth the risk?  I am not one who buys into the micro robot chip theory, but does the stuff work that is the question?

karl      the so far healthy 

Karl, me and the wife both got the Trump shot several months ago at a local vaccine clinic set up in one of the larger churches in a nearby town, both doses of the Pfizer  the recommended time apart.

First thing I need to say is I couldn’t be prouder of the young people they had helping , they were all either Army or Air Force reserve. All were very respectful, very kind and extremely helpful.

I experienced zero side effects both times, the wife said she “thought “ it made her sleepy both times….

Neither one of us even had a sore arm from it.

About three weeks ago I was unknowingly exposed to the virus. A friend’s truck broke down about an hour away and I ended up spending several hours in my truck with him running back and forth working on it and chasing parts and so on . The next day he gets to feeling bad a couple days later he test positive. 
    Not long afterward I started feeling bad, and tested negative. The Doctor at the urgent care told me I had it but he hadn’t seen a positive test in better than a week.

I had no energy was short winded and no sense of taste or smell coughing….and ended up in bed for several days for the first time in my life, really felt rough.

My wife ended up with the same symptoms except she never lost her taste or smell , she tested positive, and the four women she works with in a small office all came down with the same symptoms. Two of them had been vaccinated, they tested negative the unvaccinated tested positive …… it’s crazy.

All I know is I’m vaccinated and pretty sure I still got it, my wife and I are both knocking on 60 and so far we don’t regret the shot. We both figure at our age it’s going to have to hurry to be a problem.I do believe I had it but I also believe because I was vaccinated I didn’t get nearly as sick with it but I don’t know that for certain.

1911’s are the best but it’s a dog’s world they only allow cat’s because they are fun to chase. 

Thank you sir.

I am researching the matter now.

Agreed on the 1911  but cats? Hey I knew a tough old Tom cat who used to chase dogs. Had to be three sheets to the wind to pick him up  but he was kind to young idiots    like I was.

karl

I’ve got 3 black male participants in my pulmonary rehab classes who are permanently on oxygen due to Covid. The docs say that if they got viral pneumonia it would cause fibrosis, if I remember correctly. My wife won’t get the vaccine. Her decision. I don’t like being compelled to take shots, and she doesn’t either. A couple we went to church with, in their 60s, and the pastor’s mom, died of the Chicom virus. 

On 7/31/2021 at 7:07 PM, FC said:

I’ve got 3 black male participants in my pulmonary rehab classes who are permanently on oxygen due to Covid. The docs say that if they got viral pneumonia it would cause fibrosis, if I remember correctly. My wife won’t get the vaccine. Her decision. I don’t like being compelled to take shots, and she doesn’t either. A couple we went to church with, in their 60s, and the pastor’s mom, died of the Chicom virus. 

I capitulated, got the vacs then wore masks after being turned away from two different Dr appts for not being masked. I was born in 1950 and knew two kids die young in the 50’s from Polio. As late as mid 60’s knew a teenage girl become partially crippled from Polio. Far as I’m concerned the Polio vaccine saved a lot of lives so I can’t take a dim view of vaccinations.

I do have doubts about the masks. When I was hospitalized after a stem cell harvest and transplant and given a massive dose of chemo. While recovering  I wore a mask in the ICU but it was changed several times throughout the day and night. Visitors had to mask up and wear a paper gown. Staff told me my immune system was compromised and leaving the mask on for an extended time was also hazardous as the mask’s warm moist environment was a breeding ground for bacteria and viruses. I wonder if people wearing the washable masks all day or even longer might be getting sick from bugs growing in the mask. 

Karl, me and the wife both got the Trump shot several months ago at a local vaccine clinic set up in one of the larger churches in a nearby town, both doses of the Phizer the recommended time apart.

First thing I need to say is I couldn’t be prouder of the young people they had helping , they were all either Army or Air Force reserve. All were very respectful, very kind and extremely helpful.

I experienced zero side effects both times, the wife said she “thought “ it made her sleepy both times….

Neither one of us even had a sore arm from it.

About three weeks ago I was unknowingly exposed to the virus. A friend’s truck broke down about an hour away and I ended up spending several hours in my truck with him running back and forth working on it and chasing parts and so on . The next day he gets to feeling bad a couple days later he test positive. 
    Not long afterward I started feeling bad, and tested negative. The Doctor at the urgent care told me I had it but he hadn’t seen a positive test in better than a week.

I had no energy was short winded and no sense of taste or smell coughing….and ended up in bed for several days for the first time in my life, really felt rough.

My wife ended up with the same symptoms except she never lost her taste or smell , she tested positive, and the four women she works with in a small office all came down with the same symptoms. Two of them had been vaccinated, they tested negative the unvaccinated tested positive …… it’s crazy.

All I know is I’m vaccinated and pretty sure I still got it, my wife and I are both knocking on 60 and so far we don’t regret the shot. We both figure at our age it’s going to have to hurry to be a problem.I do believe I had it but I also believe because I was vaccinated I didn’t get nearly as sick with it but I don’t know that for certain.

1911’s are the best but it’s a dog’s world they only allow cat’s because they are fun to chase

I don’t wear them unless it’s an absolutely have to deal.

My Dr. is very good and has not only been my Dr. for years he’s been a good friend for a lot of those year’s. He says the same thing as Dr.Hess.

He told me instead of buying mask I’d be better off to add another strand of barbed wire around the place and then I could at least write it off my taxes and it would be better protection.

Up Date  our glorious and great leader that that 350million americans ( did not know we had so grown) have been jabbed and that all are fine.  Perhaps he should tell the Israelis. They seem to be having a bit of a problem??

karl