Military Firearm Restoration Corner

The Misery Index

FC

The misery index is meant to measure the degree of economic distress felt by everyday people, due to the risk of (or actual) joblessness combined with an increasing cost of living. The misery index is calculated by adding the unemployment rate to the inflation rate. Investopedia

I'm pretty weary, and feel the actual misery index.  Since Friday I've had patients crabbing at me- doctor not available, not called on results, CT not scheduled, and today a big blowout with a patient mad about the line to get in, then furious that I said that we had to be out of the pulmonary rehab area in 30 minutes (Cardiology gets it back). Long story short- he said he'll have my job. I told him to go ahead- I'm retiring.  Then the dispute here. I'm ready to go sit in, "The happy little forest, with the happy little trees."

Life gets boring beginning at age 70. I’ve never been into fishing after about age ten when I fished irrigation ditches and canals. My first day I caught one Catfish and a few Carps. I was disappointed when dad got home and I found out Carp aren’t edible. I got lucky one day and reeled in a trout but mom wouldn’t cook it. I messed it up trying to clean it and gave it to our cat. Before my X left we made plans to go to San Diego, hire a boat and fish in the ocean. Chemo got in the way and I had to cancel the reservation and lost a $150 deposit. My dad used to go fishing in the ocean at Rocky Point Mexico. He went shrimping there one weekend. Him and his friends came home with several ice chests full of shrimp on ice.