Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Columbus Day (there, I said it!)

FC

My first year as a full time employee at the Post Office I showed up for work on Columbus Day. I had no idea why everything was locked up and the parking lot was empty. I walked across the street to a convenience store, called from a pay phone and didn’t get an answer. I breathed a sigh of relief after buying a newspaper and seeing something about Columbus Day. I started grade school in 1956 and we had the day off until the 4th grade. The first few years we also had Washington and Lincoln’s birthdays off before the two holidays were consolidated into Presidents Day.

Pearl Harbor Day was voted down by Congress as a national holiday. For years all federal offices stopped working and observed a minute of silence on December 7th. Afterward it was a brief moment of silence then eventually it just faded away. Phoenix govt employees get what is named a floating holiday. It was enacted so Mexicans could celebrate Caesar Chavez Day. They do celebrate as there are numerous social events around the state. From what I’ve been told the majority of city employees take the floating holiday on their birthday.

I’m thinking next year I’ll wear a big feathered headdress , war paint , and carry a tomahawk to town . But most importantly I want to have on a pair of fringed buckskin ass less chaps so they got a clear shot at kissing me where I’m chapped the most by they’re liberal BS.

Chis is ok by me..If not for him I would be sitting on a hill in Scotland saying yes mi lord.

Since the 90's I have been inviting the Oh so caring PC woke to sell  or sign over their worldly goods to the local tribe and if the tribe will sell,  buy it back at the price the tribe sets " it is but the loot of a racist genocide conquest" right?...So far none of the oh so caring have taken me up and returned that Loot. .Oh well It did get me out of going to meeting..The Principle believed that I annoyed the speakers!   : )