Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Rittenhouse as I see it

karlunity

The PC comrades dont give a rat's rear about Kyle Rittenhouse . What scared them witless is the effect his acquittal will have have on their recruitment of useful idiots, Hard to get the puppets out to burn and loot if the fools fear they may get shot...and the PC know it

Karl 

I also agree Karl. The prosecutor as so many today are more concerned about adding a win to their score, their reputation and could care less about destroying somebody’s life. Guess it’s the numerous times I’ve been on a jury. I don’t see Rittenhouse walking away scot free. With multiple charges the jurors might start playing let’s make a deal. On every jury I sat on, the majority of the jurors were govt employees. They can afford it as they still draw their pay but has to reimburse their employer for as in my case a whopping $16 per day juror pay. There’s always a sweet old lady like a jury I sat on that was a school cafeteria worker. Another one a non govt employee but headed a neighborhood watch and boasted how well she works with police and the mayor always returns her calls. They simply believe everything the cops and prosecutors present and the defendants are either lying, covering up or exaggerating. I cut off one holier than know juror. “Cops don’t lie that’s against the law”. My comeback was “don’t feed me that horse I was married to a cop and know better”. I did get her thinking by explaining cops rarely tell a totally fictitious story but they tend to exaggerate and deliberately leave things out. 

I fear a deadlocked jury, mistrial declared and Kyle going through another trial. The judge might impose a conditional release, more bail and possibly having to report often to a probation officer. Even worse tied down to an ankle monitor. Something as simple as a traffic ticket or returning home five minutes after a curfew could get his conditional release revoked. 

From what I saw on TV after one of the prosecutors asked a prosecution witness “ we didn’t ask you to change your written statement ” the witness promptly replied “yes you did”. If I was the judge I would have immediately declared a mistrial.

4 hours ago, FC said:

"With prejudice", which, from what I heard means he cannot be tried again.

That’s my understanding. I was part of a jury pool to be selected. We were seated awaiting to be polled and questioned y the judge and lawyers. We barely sat down while a private discussion between lawyers and judge and we were sent back to the waiting room. A few minutes later a bailiff came out and told us the judge dismissed the trial with prejudice. We were not told any details. I lucked out that day as all potential jurors were sent home at about 12:15. Noon or earlier I had to report back to work. 

I believe we all want to see justice BUT not seeing an immediate not guilty verdict on all counts seems to me there is at least one juror not going with the flow. I suspect there might be some deal making going on, for example. I’ll give you two but I want at least one guilty verdict. I’m not familiar with their local laws. In Arizona the jury can reduce the level of a homicide charge. Lower first degree to second or the various levels of man slaughter. 

While I sat on a grand jury we had one first degree homicide charge we heard. There was no pre meditation but the murder was so heinous the prosecution went for the max. All the jurors were certain it would be a plea bargain down to second degree it went forward to first degree by a 11-2 vote. I had to get between two jurors before a fist fight happened. A few jurors called the prosecutor back asking if they could indict a first degree charge but take the death penalty away. Answer was no and we got a lecture that we were not to consider the possible sentence. 

After watching Tucker tonight I learned about more prosecutor misconduct. In pre trial the defense was given a lower quality blurry video but the prosecutors used a high quality clear video in the trial. The prosecutors failed to mention at least two witnesses they decided not to use. Obviously the prosecution deliberately withheld exculpatory evidence from the defense. Has me believing there might be more exculpatory evidence favorable to Kyle that hasn’t yet been discovered. Far as I’m concerned the judge should declare a mistrial with or without prejudice. Personally I feel the prosecutors I saw on TV are both sleaze balls. If there is a retrial the two creeps should be removed.

I doubt very seriously the Rittenhouse battle is over. I expect to see civil suits going both ways. You might recall how the Goldman family went after OJ. It is my understanding the Goldman family prevailed but have been unable to collect a single dime. Possibly OJ bankrupted it away, I’m not sure. Hopefully the mainstream nutworks will have to shell out major bucks to Rittenhouse as they did in the Nick Sandman situation. 

I don’t know how a non celebrity can collect big bucks for damaging a reputation but the rumor mill says Sandman has collected somewhere in the neighborhood of 250 mill so far and still has lawsuits pending. The biggest chunk was from CNN in a settlement for an undisclosed amount. I’d love to see Rittenhouse drain CNN’s bank account and hopefully he will prevail. I heard on radio news today OAN News just lost a lawsuit against CNN and Rachel Maddow. Maddow was claiming OAN had Russian agents on their payroll. It was proven false but the judge ruled t was simply political hyperbole and caused no harm.

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/20/2021 at 6:44 AM, karlunity said:

I also was shocked that justice was done( that is a hell of a thing to say in the USA)  But I expect the PC DOJ to still try and get him on something.

karl

You are not the only one.  I was stunned for a few minutes but very happy.  I have no clue why he carried a weapon knowing it might be taken away and used on himself or other person but I'm glad he fought to keep it and protect himself with it when need it and done it right.

Rob