Military Firearm Restoration Corner

sick

FC

I got it too.  Not sure from where.  Last Tuesday I had electricians at the house (long story, but I don't want to dig up the cable myself) and Thursday I went to a Walmart pharmacy.  Saturday I started feeling sick.  Electricians that were here are now out sick.  It's not near as bad as the one in late '19 that about put me down.  Just a bit weak this morning mostly. 

On 1/12/2022 at 1:10 AM, FC said:

We have about 150 people out from Covid at work. I felt sick at work, and ran a fever. Ended up being RSV. Surprise! I always dealt with it as an infant and toddler's bad cold. 

Us laymen want to know what is RSV?? So far after being vaxed twice and five Covid tests all negative. I hate those speedy tests where the nurse sticks the long q-tip up my nose until it bottoms out. The simple nostril swab at CVS is not to bad.

No cold of flu for me but I know sick as I started Chemo again last week and feel like home made sh!t past 2-3 days. Yesterday my son tempted me into eating with a double-double Whataburger. I managed half of it then removed the onions and fed the rest to my dog. Today I forced fed myself peanut butter on Ritz crackers. Later being hungry in mind only. I fixed a green chili tomato omelet but my dog got the majority of it instead of the canned food I usually mix with his 2 cups of dry. I thought dogs wouldn’t eat tomatoes but he scarfed it down. 

It must be a real cluster screw at the Post Office seeing delivery vehicles out in the dark. Got my mail yesterday about 7:15 PM. I bet the mail stream is backed up with sick calls. The big killer is airline cancellations. The USPS was mandated years ago by Congress to use commercial aviation to help feed the passenger airline corporations. Lower classes of mail still move by truck and trains but my guess with trucking currently being forked up your magazines and newspapers are probably arriving late. The 2-3 day shipping promise of my Harbor Freight order placed seven or eight days ago still hasn’t arrived. With my neighborhood though going to hell I have to worry about porch pirates. I always add deliver to carport door in address line but UPS more often than not ignores it and just dumps it by my front door., 

Sorry again guys, it’s 3:00 AM I’m wide awake and keyboard rambling off subject again. After doubling up the Compazine and a half bottle of generic dollar store Malox maybe I’ll fall asleep soon, Chemo Sucks!!

3 hours ago, FC said:

I'm sorry to hear your appetite isn't good. I assume you're getting something like Ensure?

I ran out of Ensure and need to get to CVS or Dollar General for more. I grabbed a stack of $3.00 off coupons at the Dr’s office. Guess I need to thank Joe as Ensure and the other brands as well went up 2-3 bucks after the first. 

13 hours ago, Dr.Hess said:

We all hope the chemo works out for you Az.

RSV:  Respiratory Syncytial Virus.  One of the upper respiratory virii that goes around, like a cold.  Almost everyone gets it eventually, some worse than others.

Well I can’t lose any teeth this time. Lost them all the first time I did Chemo. Probably be a few more times before I start losing my hair again. The last time my hair grew back better after I finished. The bald spot on my crown disappeared as did they grey on my head but not on my beard. Hopefully this round being milder my fingernails stay intact. Best of all I don’t have to spend weeks in the hospital again getting the Chemo every morning. Can’t complain though it kept me alive.

20 hours ago, FC said:

Is the chemo doing it’s job now?

im thinking your health insurance will cover Ensure, if there’s a prescription.

Hard to tell if it’s working this soon. The only way to tell if tumors are shrinking is with more PET and CAT scans. I guess MRI’s as well. I won’t do any scans until they are approved by Medicare because of the high cost. Years ago I got stuck with nearly a $2600.00 bill for a PET scan. I was eventually refunded a few years later. The second scan wasn’t really necessary but done to satisfy curious Dr’s. I was among the first in Phoenix and used to demonstrate for a bunch of Dr’s that observed the scan. It was before I was on Medicare and my insurance rejected the claim on the follow up as not medically necessary. 

Thx for the clue about Ensure, I’m going to check it out. I don’t really need it but use it to force feed myself when I’m to  nauseated to eat and take pills on an empty stomach. If Medicare won’t foot the bill my secondary might pick up 75%.