Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Stock up groceries!

FC

https://www.zerohedge.com/personal-finance/make-preparations-canadian-vaxx-mandate-cross-border-trucking-now-effect-domestic

I told my three girls two years ago to stock up on food and necessities, that inflation was coming, and possible food shortages, or runs on grocery stores. They let me know that they weren't interested in my pearls of wisdom! I reminded them last night- only two of the three acknowledged my text. Fine, let 'em learn the hard way! I told them that twice now, at Walmart, shelves were at least 25% empty, and pharmacy over-the-counter meds were 50% gone. I've got a fair stock of canned meat, veggies, and fruit. A fox or coyote got my chickens, but I may buy more. I've thought about two or three goats too. 

It has gotten to where you have to keep at least one unit of anything you use/consume on the shelf.  Even Walmart, which really does try to keep out of stocks low, will be out of stock on what you want.  There is just no more "just in time" for whatever you need.  TP, coffee, deodorant, cheese, corn chips, tooth paste, whatever.  You better keep at least one each in stock plus the one you are using and replace the stock one when you break it out.  Some things you need 2 in stock plus 1 to use.

During the Y2K scare a now gone friend stored rice, pinto beans and his home made deer jerky in large PVC tubes. He filled the tubes, smeared silicone on the caps then put a couple lit candles in before attaching the caps. He claimed the candles burned up the Oxygen smothered the flame creating a vacuum and pulled the caps tight. He went a bit overboard with guns and ammo sealed up then buried. I only saw him once before he died and I didn’t mention anything about it wanting to save him the embarrassment.  I was told he invested a lot into generators believing he could make big bucks after the crash. I was told after he passed his daughters found a large cache of silver coins.

I imagine his storage methods would preserve the beans and rice but I’d be a bit leery eating his deer jerky. I’ve heard mold can get into jerky not store correctly. 

I think the crash has started. I went Arbys a couple hours ago and they were out of roast beef. I settled for their 2 for 6 fish deal after the teenager on the speaker said we have corned beef. I looked at the menu seeing the $10+ meal deal for it and said no thx. They were also out of cherry and apple turnovers. I asked the young girl at the window how does Arbys run out of roast beef it’s like going to Goodyear and being out of tires. She told me their order didn’t arrive today and we ran out during the lunch rush. She had no idea why their order didn’t arrive. I wonder if it was due to a shipping delay, shortage or possibly the franchisee didn’t pay his bill. I was putting off my Wallys pickup order until the first but I better not wait. 

I Sold some very nice feeder steers last week that ended up being the highest selling cattle sold that week out of that sale barn, they ran maybe 2500 head through that day which is a heck of a big sale for this area. Top selling steers brought a $1.65 a pound before yardage, vet and commission , same money stuff was bringing in the 80s and 90s.

Next day in my local grocery store T-bone steaks were a little over $15.00 a pound in the bargain bin!

I can guarantee you there is absolutely no shortage of beef on the hoof there just by God ain’t. And if you know where to look you’ll find the info on how the big storage freezers around are full up too…..
   I could go on and on about all the reasons why but it’s all manufactured B.S.

Then of course there’s the shortage of big trucks … get on any interstate and tell me again about it.

aggravates me so bad I’m almost glad to be selling out.