Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Probed

FC

Some people pay for that. :huh:

Since I've been Dx'ed with prostate CA, it has come more often.  However, my last biopsy and MRI could find no sign of CA, and my PSA is on the upper end of normal now, so, OK with me.

Yeah, "painful" is in the description.  I've had 2, one in the office with no drugs.  Not a fun time.  The second was at the hospital with some sedation and a ultrasonic/MRI fusion software package.  First found the cancer, while my PSA was like 18.  Second found nothing at all and I'm now back down to 3.4, which is "high normal for your age."  I'll take it.  No surgery for me, just "wait and watch."  SX made my dad basically a house-bound invalid and XRT killed his brother.

A few months ago I refused sedation for a lung biopsy. Didn’t take me long to regret it. I lied telling the admitting staff I was using Uber for transportation as I was unaccompanied.  I didn’t want to get doped up so I could drive home safely. If there is ever a next time I will really use Uber and take the drugs. 

A doctor is a doctor.

But, if asked, I prefer a woman as I think for most things they are the better doctor.   Sorry doc

The best one I had a very pretty lady was replaced by a guy who looked like the gunny (all he needed was the cigar and coffee mug) I cannot prove it but I  think I saw the hand of my flower child at work.

karl

Back in the late 60s one of my shooting buds brought his live-in companion to a clinic to deliver their baby. My friend had just started as an election apprentice and didn’t have insurance. Shortly after they arrived they were told she wasn’t ready and it could be a few days to a few more weeks. After she was examined by the Dr there was something different or unique. The Dr asked if they didn’t mind staying a little longer, asking her if she wouldn’t mind having some students examine her. More than 20 students arrived. My friend and all the visitors were told to leave the ward Apparently the students likely because of inexperience were a bit rough examining and probing her lube tube. She screamed for my friend awaiting out the door telling him they are hurting me make them stop. My friend was a die hard red neck and he made it clear no more. After one of the students said she has to because she’s a clinic patient. My friend lost his temper began beating on the student along with the Dr and another student as they tried to break it up. My friend spent the night in jail but was released the following morning as the Dr and students declined to press charges. About a week later they returned, delivered the baby and according to my friend they treated her like a queen giving her a private room instead of the maternity ward. 

On 6/18/2022 at 7:13 PM, FC said:

I imagine a prostate biopsy is one painful affair!

Yeah, I'd rather have a male doctor do it (modesty, don't you know!).

About a year or so I got a prostate exam by a bull dyke PA. MY urologist appt was about a month away and I was desperate for a Flomax Rx so I went to a walk-in clinic. She insisted no exam no script.

Years ago a Dr friend of my dad volunteered a couple days a month at a clinic. He did a prostate exam, hit a sensitive spot and the patient jumped hitting his head on a door. The patient a farm worker and likely an illegal going through a Chicano org demanded compensation for a severe headache. The Dr told my dad he had to give the guy 500 bucks to go away.

7 hours ago, Dr.Hess said:

No good deed goes unpunished, Az.

Seems to me the Drs good deed and freebie was broken off in his ass. I only met the Dr once. After a poker game dad got drunk. He drove dad home and came in to use our phone to answer a call on his pager.. He seemed like a nice guy agreeing to meet his pager caller at a hospital after midnight. If I remember correctly he quit the Hispanic clinic but still did volunteer work at the county hospital.