Military Firearm Restoration Corner

WISH ME LUCK, I NEED IT

AzRednek

Another PET Scan tomorrow afternoon. I have a tumor behind my left eyeball. The last PET Scan showed it hasn’t grown after several Chemo treatments but did not shrink as the tumor in my lung did. If it grows beyond a membrane surrounding my brain. I’ll be giving up my car keys and guns. I’ll do it voluntarily as I do recall the Texas Tower shooter. Perfectly normal behavior one day the next day without any provocation. He claimed up the tower with a small arsenal and began shooting and killing college students. An autopsy revealed he had a brain tumor. There is a possibility the tumor can be surgically removed but chances are good I’ll lose my eye in the process. I’ll know more in about a week. 

About 1967 a high school classmate drove his motorcycle into a block wall. No skid marks and a witness said he made no attempt to avoid it. An autopsy revealed he had a brain tumor but he was also on LSD. No telling which, the tumor, dope or combination caused it. It was a shame, before he started the drugs he was being scouted by Major League Baseball. He had a mean fastball. I only batted against him once. We were both about 12 in Little League. He struck me out. First it was a blistering fast ball and a call strike, 2nd pitch was a change up and I hit a foul swinging way to early and strike three was a curveball. 

Another guy I didn’t know well in the 60s. He was the younger brother of a girl I knew. At about age 14-15 he turned into a sexual pervert and was in and out of trouble with the law.  After the brain tumor was discovered he was placed in the state hospital and died about a year later. 

I’m counting on you Bud. It’s on my bucket list to swing by on my way to Kali and buy you a steak and beers. You probably don’t remember us talking about it but it always on my mind. Biden allows passage to illegals in our country, but I can’t afford passage in my country. If gas ever is affordable again I’ll be headed your way. Nephew is in Petaluma now but don’t know for how long.