Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Prep up boys!

FC

Multiple farmers are posting that we are eating last year's production. Feed is up about 60%, and fertilizer is up. They are reducing their livestock, and fields are going unplanted.  I ordered more canned meat from Lehmans.com today. I save plastic containers and put beans, rice, sugar, and flour in them. 

Perhaps a touch of hunger it what it takes to wake people up and restore the Republic?

$35,000.000.000.000 in debt and mny  pols of both parties are still for  giving foreign AID???

karl

Thx for the tip on canned meat. I just checked out Lehman’s. Tony, is the canned meat cooked or raw?? I couldn’t find a yes or no on their web page. Have you eaten any of it??

About 5 weeks ago I bought a large stash of canned and dry goods from Wally’s. I split it up three ways. For me and my twin sons. For meat I bought a bunch of Hash, Tuna, Ham, Vienna Sausage, Chicken, Sardines and good’ol Spam. I also bought some canned beef and pork and was really disappointed. Both were packed with plenty of water. The pre cooked, flat tasting beef was tough and the pork not much better. Just about enough meat in one can for two large Tacos. Canned bacon was way-way to expensive so I passed. Have to admit, I am pleasantly surprised with the Spam. So far I’ve tried the hot and spicy, jalapeño and bacon flavored. 

I might give Lehman’s a try if the shipping doesn’t ruin it. I signed up for the 10% off first order. I was a bit hesitant having to give them my phone number. I went ahead giving them the phone number to the City of Phoenix water and sewer department. If they need text message verification I’ll pass. A real pain getting advertisements and numerous political texts begging for money every day. I hit delete and block but the texts and calls keep coming.

Anyhow before I start keyboard rambling again. Tony please let me know what you think about Lehman’s canned meat.

PS, IF ANYBODY KNOWS A SOURCE FOR POWDERED EGGS PLEASE LET ME INOW.  

5 hours ago, Dr.Hess said:

Money is meaningless now.  The only reasons to tax us:  Control and punishment.  The Constitution specifically states no money but gold or silver.  Electron bits are not in there.

If it continues and a SHTF crisis occurs. We may wind up paying for goods and services with guns, ammunition and canned or home grown food. 

Powdered eggs look a tad expensive.  Good thing I don't eat eggs.  BudK has some:

https://www.chkadels.com/Ready-Hour-Whole-Egg-Power-10-Can-Ten-Year-Shelf--50101

And Amazon:

https://smile.amazon.com/Augason-Farms-Dried-Whole-Product/dp/B0096I5DJU

about the same price.  But this one in bags, not cans is half that:

https://smile.amazon.com/Powdered-CAMPING-EMERGENCY-SURVIVAL-INGREDIENT/dp/B08R6JDZ8W

I bought Ova-Easy a couple years ago. Very highly rated freeze-dried eggs. No, not cheap, but they make a lot of scrambled eggs. I think I got them from the Pleasant Hill Grain Co., out of Alaska. I like the canned meat I got from Lehmans and Pleasant Hill. I canned a bunch of beef tips from Sam's Club a couple days ago. I lost some of my canned soup, and I'm suspecting the cold in the garage did that to the lids, but I'm not sure.  Walmart's canned beef tastes okay, but lots of can, not lots of meat.

My wife wants bushes out front of the house, so I ordered even more Climax Rabbit-eye blueberry plants (recommended for my area) from Wilson Brothers Gardens, GA. I'm VERY impressed with their plants, and the way they box them up. They even had blueberries on the plants. 

Dr. Hess, I don't recall seeing the gold and silver as money in the Constitution. I know silver was money up until well into the 19th century, then gold became recognized as money.  I've ordered a Kg of silver, and another oz. of platinum since the prices are WAY down.

Article I, Section 10, Clause 1:

No State shall enter into any Treaty, Alliance, or Confederation; grant Letters of Marque and Reprisal; coin Money; emit Bills of Credit; make any Thing but gold and silver Coin a Tender in Payment of Debts; pass any Bill of Attainder, ex post facto Law, or Law impairing the Obligation of Contracts, or grant any Title of Nobility.

So, another loophole?  Doesn't say The Feds, just those pesky states?