Military Firearm Restoration Corner

G'DAY

dave h

Just like to say G'day I'm new to the site Names Dave .I'm from the Mid north of South Australia & am what I'd like to call a semi retired Pro shooter (according to my wife there is no semi or retired in that title ) I'm looking forward to exchanging ideas and information smile.gif

Dave

Dave, I must have goofed. I never did this before in the 3 1/2 years of this board, but I accidently edited (erased) your last post. I thought I was replying. I'm really sorry about that. I wish I could put it back.

He was saying that Roo is like beef, but he ate is when he was younger, so doesn't eat it much now.

Glad to have you. I have had a couple Aussies on the board in the early days. Australia has a strong rifle history, and I recall reading one issue of a fantastic reloading magazine from Australia. It is sad to hear of the government taking away firearm liberties.

Hey no probs FC (just get somebody else to open your mail for a while ) I do'nt know of too many Aussies who actualy Drink Fosters anymore ! I think Victoria Bitter is the Big beer here these days (I had to give up a few years ago ,after a incident with a camel )

Dave

wecome dave

please drop by often and feel free to post .....i know a bloke in Mareeba,Queensland..is that far from you?

9625[/snapback]

Mareeba Is right at the other end of the world from me. Sonic. Nice part of the country though

Tom I'll sit down & write out what happened that Eventfull day as it was really the end of my Pro shooting days

Dave

Greetings Dave.  Fosters ?? Isn't that the beer in the little, tiny cans??

9645[/snapback]

It's a Victorian Beer that we do'nt do'nt see all that much of anymore . I think it's more a export brew than a local product anymore .I have'nt seen it in years to be quite honest but I belive it's popular in England & over your side of the Pond !

Dave

Welcome Dave,

You confirmed what I had heard from another Aussie, that Foster's beer is made to export to us (and not drink there).

My cousin, a Texas cattleman, once decided to go to Australia and observe the cattle operations there. His wife would have nothing to do with it, so he went alone. That's a long trip from Texas.

My cousin was not the usual sterotyped Texan who always wore a big Stetson, in fact he wore no hat at all over there. He said that everyone he met asked him, "If you're from Texas, mate, where's your hat?"

He explained that not everyone from Texas wore a big hat.

Good to have you here.

fritz

Nice to be here all ! Fritz .We have the same problem ! Crocadile dundee& that idiot Erwin ! Have really given us a bad image ! I was told once by a German backpaker that I could'nt be a Pro shooter cause i did'nt wear a hat with Croc teeth round the brim! I thought the load of Kangaroos on the back of my 4x4 was a dead give away but there you have it! blink.gif I told the wife the next day I did'nt have to go to work that night as I'd been told by a expert ...ect ! But she clarified the matter ! ohmy.gif !! So it was off to work again (minus croc teeth)

Dave

Yeah, welcome dave h! I feel that I am something of an expert on many things Australian...I love Vegemite, and I even know the song. I also know that Foster's is a joke to most Australians. Personally, I like XXXX beer too.

When a good friend from Australia visited me, I bought a whole bunch of items that purported to be Australian, things like "Australian Toaster Biscuits" (English muffin-like things, not cookies), and our line of "Aussie" hair care products. My Aussie mate and I had a good laugh over the stuff.

I am a huge fan of just about anything Australian, and I particularly like anyone who (literally) sticks to their guns and shooting in your nation given the restrictive gun laws there.

Good on you for sticking with it!

BTW, your comments about the German who said that you couldn't be a shooter because you didn't have croc teeth on your hat reminded me of what my Australian friend about someone from Boston asking my friend if Australians had weekends! LOL!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy it here!