Military Firearm Restoration Corner

What would you keep?

swamprat

My knife, preferably with sharpening stone.  Its the one possession I use more than everything else.

9632[/snapback]

Yep same here ! might be basic but it's tool's universal !

Dave

OK!

The accesories can be included. The wife can not! I said no family. It has got to be a material thing.Dave, I know a kangaroo and a mate might be the same but they are not a material object. Lets have fun! Give me your best!

Swamprat

9636[/snapback]

I said " Knife" not "wife" you Twit ! biggrin.gif The wife would be the first to go ! & if I sampled the product of that still of yours ........Well the Ugliest Roo in the world would start to look good biggrin.gif (come to think of it if ya spend enough time out on your own .....Hell you do'nt even need the product of the Still ohmy.gif )

Dave

Since accessaies can be kept with it, I am suprised no one has said their rifle, bayonet and ammunition. That would be my chioce, you would be afforded protection, a means for food, a way to clean the food and the bayo could cut the necessary limbs to make shelter and other needs. The uses are limited only by ones imagination and skill. swamp_thing

I'd "still" keep some toilet paper handy.

I have run out before the paper work's done, and it ain't pleasant! Of course in the old days there were plenty of corn cobs to serve the purpose.

Where has all the corn cobs gone? Gone to places where I'm not. When will we ever learn, when will we ever learn.

fritz

You are welcome to share my ATM card with me, horsefly! Actually, I didn't even have to think about that response...it was automatic...I don't know what I would do without my beloved ATM card!

We may not be able to get everything we'd need, but I'm sure we could get enough!

LOL!

I want to amend my post about land---make it 40 acres and a mule.

My father started out with that, and turned it into 400 acres and a Deere.

Without the land, there is no place to put this thing you call a ATM. And you don't own the ATM, so it is not really yours, is it.

Ashes to ashes, dust to dust.

fritz

Well fritz, yes and no...the ATM card, which is what I said I would keep, not the ATM itself, is in fact mine...it goes to my account and it's my money in there, so yes, it really is mine.

None of the ATMs are mine, in a purely ownership sense, however, they sort of do belong to the customers of my bank, as a matter of convenience...and as there are plenty of them around access to one doesn't have to be limited to my land. Besides, while land is great, if you don't have money to start with you can't really live off of it. My ATM card, linked to the funds in my account makes it fairly simple to live whilst developing any resources I might need in the furtherance of my well-being.

Finally, 40 acres and a mule is technically two items, therefore you are trying to cheat!

Maybe you're just jealous because I came up with the best answer here? rolleyes.gif

OK, forget the mule.

But I take exception to the idea that without money to start with, you can't live off of it.

A lot of people did, but maybe they lived in a different world.

I misunderstoond the question---it is today (or tomnorrow) that we need one material thing?

I still would want the land, abeit without an ATM on it.

fritz

Well, since you are changing the rules to include accessories, then I submit to you that my bank account is an accessory to my ATM card...and a mighty fine one too as it doesn't make me look fat.

And, if we are going to be splitting hairs, then of course, I don't blame fritz for taking exception to my statement about not being able to live off the land without moola. What I meant to indicate with that is that if one were to acquire a parcel of 40 acres of essentially raw, unimproved land it would likely be very tough to manage without money. Now, if we're talking about the "perfect" parcel, that would be different...but come on, how likely is THAT in TX?

Just kidding, fritz!