Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Another Martini Cadet for converstion

dave h

One of my great weaknesses in life is the Humble Martini Cadet action ! My .22 Hornet is a origanal Sportco (a now deflunct South Australian company ) I had a long gone Uncle who was their Head Gun smith & sepcialized in rechambering Cadet actions ! Over the years I've rebarreled them to 218 Bee ,222 Rimmed ,25-20 ,Re chambered or rebarreled to 32-20 & Re cut or rebarreled to .357 mag ! I have normally had one hidden in the back of the safe as a Rainy day project ! My first "Big Game" Rifle was a .310 Cadet !

Some time back my Stepson who had never shot until he moved out to my place was looking through the safe & found my spare .310 & ended up claiming it for his own use (much searching round for .310 Dies .....Now were'd I put em ?) So I found myself with out a Spare project action ! My Gun guy has come to the rescue & has found me a Cadet (at the right price ) I really have a urge to go for a 357max this time round ! Also I have tracked down a Greener action in .303 . I think this will become a 270-303.

Dave

I really have a urge to go for a 357max this time round ! Also I have tracked down a Greener action in .303 . I think this will become a 270-303.

Dave

9718[/snapback]

Here's a pic for you: The top one is in .357Max, the bottom is .17 Ackley Bee. Took a deer a year or so ago with the Max. (one shot, about 125yds) I really like the little rifle, perfectly adequate on our smaller Texas deer, and very handy.

I still have the .357Max reamer I could make a deal with you for, or if you know how, (I don't) I could send it to the reamer loan thingy they have going here.

I have a large Martini action, it may wind up being a .50-90 (or some BP round). I would like to have one of the .303 actions-I really have the urge for a 7x57Martini!...

user posted image

Nice rifles, Pedestal!

I'm sure that the reamer co-op would be very happy to have you join with your 375 Max. I joined by sending in an 8 x 57 reamer. No fuss. Just email ChasMike through the Tool Exchange section.

• 2 weeks later...

Here's a pic for you: The top one is in .357Max, the bottom is .17 Ackley Bee. Took a deer a year or so ago with the Max. (one shot, about 125yds) I really like the little rifle, perfectly adequate on our smaller Texas deer, and very handy.

I still have the .357Max reamer I could make a deal with you for, or if you know how, (I don't) I could send it to the reamer loan thingy they have going here.

I have a large Martini action, it may wind up being a .50-90 (or some BP round). I would like to have one of the .303 actions-I really have the urge for a 7x57Martini!...

IPB Image

My long suffering Barrel maker has a Reamer in 357Max at the moment .So it's just a matter of sweet talking him into turning out a nice medium weight barrel for me ! His slightly snowed under with work at the presant time (including several barrels I have ordered )So I have no wish to incure his wrath at the presant time ! It would not be the first time his chased me out of his shop whilst threaterning my with bodily harm ! That would require ,a Proctologist to remove the Blank from my body !!!!!

Dave