Military Firearm Restoration Corner

NRA didn't care about Google being anti-gun

FC

Remember how I said that Google will not allow any advertisers (like me) to have advertising space with them? I told the NRA some time ago about it. The canned response was that they'd have someone get back with me. Well, sort of- they called and wanted me to listen to a lecture and participate in a poll. I told them NO. They didn't want to respond to me, and I won't participate in a poll.

Well, I wonder why, I guess not all that much money or free press in it for them.

Sorry for being sarcastic about it but friends of mine have had the NRA literally turn it's back on them at the NRA convention when offering methods of getting ALL of our Gun Rights back.

They would not even take research materils we had put together. That other groups like Jews For the Preservation of Firrearms Ownership or GOA looked over and gave us feedback on.mad.gif

I'd be curious to hear it.

Well, I wonder why,  I guess not all that much money or free press in it for them.

Sorry for being sarcastic about it but friends of mine have had the NRA literally turn it's back on them at the NRA convention when offering methods of getting ALL of our Gun Rights back.

They would not even take research materils we had put together.  That other groups like Jews For the Preservation of Firrearms Ownership or GOA looked over and gave us feedback on.mad.gif

9913[/snapback]

I've had a on again off again relationship with the NRA for a number of years.About 10 years ago our state coservation department started talking about a cased gun law,that would require all guns transported in the state to be in a case,I was a member of the NRA and of the largest hunting dog org. in the state and was at the meeting where the state first said they might do this.I came straight home called the NRA state rep. and was told the NRA wasnt a hunting org. and that they had actually supported such laws in other states.I told him he was lucky there was phone cable between us or I'd be taking my NRA dues back out of his sorry hide... the consevation dept. got that one crammed in their ass without a lick of support from the NRA.If it weren't for the NRA guns would have been history a long time ago I believe but they sure are a queer bunch to get along with. And they sure piss alot of money away,and I hate those damn phone surveys too,try to guilt you into it,I take them as a insult to my intellegence.Thats why I'm not a member today ,but probably will be again.....Jim

Like most big organizations, they don't much care what the average person has to say. I was happy with Jr. NRA when I was young, and they did send silhouette information to me, but the letters and phone calls, as well as unresponsiveness to a legitimate issue is disillusioning.

Folks, nobody gets any more disgusted than me with some of the seemingly foolish things done by NRA... HOWEVER, as someone else pointed out above, we'd be throwing rocks if it weren't for them. In spite of all the crap I simply cannot understand why ANY gun owner does not support the NRA. Please don't try to convince me, it ain't gonna happen. Like the federal government, they aren't perfect but they're still the best thing we have going for us so far.

And as Forrest said, "that's all I got to say about that."