Military Firearm Restoration Corner

The Site

FC

This is sad news to a few of us. There is a hand full of us folks that have been around since the very early days. A few have passed on to a better place, some have drifted away to persue other interests many just vanished.

I am guessing that there simply are not a lot of folks left that share our love for the things this site was created for. The younger folks that I have talked with and observed generally have no hobbies or interests in the outdoors. Give them a video game and a couch and they seem contented. There is no interest in preservation and restoration in most of them. A sense of pride doesn't seem to exist in many, if not most, younger folks. How many of your neighbors are interested in gardening or hunting or building something? Any school kids or teens that would pull weeds or mow lawns or paint fences for a few extra bucks? 

I for one am of the older crowd that remembers things as how they were in a time long forgotten. A time when pride, hard work and sharing of knowledge got us the things we needed or wanted. For those of us that still exist this site, if gone, will be a sad day indeed.

I thank you all for sharing your knowledge, projects and love of life and freedom for all to see. 

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, FC said:

I'd like it to still be here, but the costs are high compared to user numbers. Rob, two of us are on FaceBook.

Is that a website Karl?

Is that a website?

I really hate to see this site go as a relatively new member I have found that this site is the most user friendly and the members that are just as friendly with a willingness to share knowledge freely and humbly. I regret not finding it sooner. 

Well, unless you fellas can figure out a way around the costs?  I've been popping in a hundred bucks myself several years, but have to think about return on investment. I'll make myself a note to look at what's coming up on BlueHost and Invision on costs. The $200 for tech support is a given.