Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Turkeys

FC

Louisville area around the state lakes and the surrounding area have hundreds of them. They are getting well populated state wide. There used to be one that went to downtown Papillion every day until someone hit and killed it. I've  had them follow me single file while I was on a riding mower out here in the country near the Platte river. They can be quiet inquisitive. Glad they are here though.

I've seen them here, but not for a few years now.  At the right time of the year, the geese are all over the road between here and town.  Every once in a while, one screws up and gets plastered by a car.  I'm just surprised that no local picks it up for dinner.  Road kill deer don't last long.

I grew up hunting in New Hampshire but never saw a turkey. I did hear one shortly before I left the state. Now, 32 years later, my father and brothers have them in their yards daily.

8 hours ago, Dr.Hess said:

I've been seeing geese flying south-ish in formation for a couple weeks now.

They're long gone from here. The geese leave here in mid September.

Geese have pretty much left here... except "Residents", which are very Few. Turkeys...have always stayed put here.. they move deeper into cover, and Winter it out...sometimes "Yarding-Up" like the deer do in late Winter..

The Last Migratory bird to leave us, is the Blue Heron.. sometimes I wonder if they was gonna Freeze into the Pond Standin there like that.. Never did happen tho.

Sittin here wishin them Sparrows (flyin Mice) would Migrate..