Military Firearm Restoration Corner

shootings galore

FC

The news that pops up every time I open a new webpage shows all kinds of shootings. To have firearms you need to have a God-fearing, law-abiding populace, which we no longer have. Now it's a vicious cycle of plenty of weapons available, but the law-abiding have to have weapons because the criminals have weapons. 

While it is true the shootins have escalated so have knife attacks, running groups down with cars, pushing people in front of trains, etc. Folks are just plain out of control. If we take away all their weapons we will be left with nothing. In other words those that wish to kill will find a way.

Morale and religious are two words that are being systematically removed from society. Not just in the United States but pretty much world wide. 

Seems this is not a new problem. I can't tell you how long it has been happening but I can tell you I'm quickly approaching 70 and as far back as I remember things have been on a downhill slope. People now days think they are intitled to what ever they want and that they should be able to take it. They see no consequences for illegal or immoral activity. Law enforcement has little power over this anymore. If they arrest the courts release. Neighbors pretty much turn a blind eye out of fear for retaliation. Instead of trying to correct the course of society it seems evil is encouraged and law abiding, God fearing people are punished for speaking out. 

There's a lot of things to fix and few who want to try.

When the nation was started. They knew well "where your treasure is there your heart will be" or in updated words people listen to whoever signs the pay check. Why not? Cops and troops have bill to pay. Kids in schools and mortgages. Do they not?   I suspect that if the Hippy or I had been a "Keep up with the Jones type" I may have taken a job simply based on the check.  Who knows?

The founders knew Roman history, a subject we alas neglect. We were to have had a very small standing army and few paid police the town cryer was to call out the Night watch, civilians who owned homes of business if needed The Army was to be mostly militia. I think the founders, even the people of 100 years ago 1922 would be in shock if they saw the size of the Government and the number of bureaucrats  we allow to carry arms.  I understand the reason, but telling Americans, only suspected not even conconvicted, to get face down on the street!!! Gad.

Karl  

I know that it's supposed to be politically correct for a conservative person to love the the police but I don't. I have personally witnessed many times when they have severely violated not only peoples constitutional rights but trod on their dignity as a human being. 

My experience has been good, But I still insist that the Constitution and law be followed by pols and cops as well as we the people.

Speaking of shooting..Seems the cops have the guy who shot up that gay club. But they wont tell us his name or reason.  Odd that.

2 hours ago, karlunity said:

Speaking of shooting..Seems the cops have the guy who shot up that gay club. But they wont tell us his name or reason.  Odd that.

They no doubt need time to fabricate a story and corresponding evidence. 

On 11/18/2022 at 10:17 AM, FC said:

Good thoughts. I will say that firepower in the hands of those without morals or conscience is a recipe for disaster. 

And since those same individuals are the same ones that don't follow any laws.  Shows exactly how disingenuous the liars on the left are.  When they claim they want to protect citizens from crime by disarming the law abiding.

Truth is, that because these same moral deficient, and conscience lacking TURDS are allowed to thrive in todays entitlement society.  That is the very reason that the law abiding should be armed.  To quote Sir Robert Peel;

The police are the public and the public are the police; the police being only members of the public who are paid to give full time attention to duties which are incumbent on every citizen in the interests of community welfare and existence.

JM2c

• 1 month later...

Gentlemen,  I am very much upset with how things are and getting worse.  Which is why my brother got me hooked on this site long ago.  I don't write much here as I am more of collector of items that work very well to protect me and my own.  I also have a huge "how to" library to teach others how to make tools for the future.  Plus a small machine shop sort of "Weapon Shops of Isher" mentality.  You guys are makers of fine guns and have taught many a fine idea to me..Thanks.  The very government we are having problems with, built the "Liberator" to disperse in Europe to help the downtrodden win back their freedoms.  They seem to have forgotten their lofty goals for us all.  Most of the lost souls out there have or had parents that might have missed the mark in guidance.