Military Firearm Restoration Corner

If you could only have one firearm

swamp_thing

If you could only have one firearm, what would you choose? Would it be a rifle, shotgun or handgun? Large caliber or small? And of course, what would be the neccessary criteria for your choice? 

I know this can bring up a multitude of reasons for your personal choice and will be somewhat different for each of us. Also, what we answer now might be totally different than it would have been 10 or 20 years ago. 

I just thought it might be interesting to see what your thoughts were on this. For me I guess I would have to choose a small bore shotgun, probably double barrel, with one barrel sporting number 6 or 7-1/2 shot and the other buckshot or slug. All around versitility. 

• 1 month later...

That would have to be my Swiss army rifle.  It has 37 calibers and a pair of scissors to trim my fingernails.:D swamp_thing, I was going to say a 1911A1, but I hate chasing brass.  So my Thompson/Center G-2 in .45ACP with a scope, as I can't see anymore.  But my Swiss K-31 might soon be my favorite. Tinman