Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Who are you related too?

ShooterTom

I'm related to Noah blink.gif

Some fellow in our family wrote a really interesting book on an ancestor of ours, "Jacob Hutchins of Athol (MA)". This 17 year old's dad was in the French and Indian War. Jacob went off to war with the Massachusetts Militia. He was at Bunker Hill and Saratoga. He got typhoid or some such thing, went home, and never went back to war. He thought the Virginians haughty types, and discussed some war stuff. It's pretty interesting. Well, Jacob did a funny thing, and I wish he had discussed this conversation. He went up to the Canadian border. There is an island there on the river that is the boundary with the U.S. I think it was the St. Lawrence (shows I lack good geography of that area). The island's land was given to former soldiers of the Crown for their service during the Revolution. What's Jacob go and do? He marries a British Sergeant Major's daughter! Not only that, they both fought on opposite sides at Saratoga. What a conversation that must have been! "You want to marry a rebel?!" I think around 1820 Jacob got a land grant from the U.S. government for his service in the war in Ohio. He farmed and died there.

Well way way back when I was in grade school they had portraits of all the past presidents. I thought that Andrew Jhonson looked an awful lot like my grandfather

George Jhonson. That would be on my mothers side.

I'm a Hunter and I think that the model Rachel Hunter and my niece look much alike.

No proof of relationship, just coincindental resembelance.

Tinker

While researching my family tree, I found that I was not directly related to the fellow who helped found FN in Belgium (albeit the time frame would be right).

Instead, my greatgrandfather was a cobbler in Germany. An honorable trade, and much in demand at the time. Not everyone could afford a new pair of shoes when their's wore out (unlike today).

Now, on mrs fritz's side of the family---her greatgrandfather was a decorated hero in Abe's Grand Army of the Republic. Another greatgrandfather fought for the Confederacy

Goes to show that people are really not necessarily wrong in their loyalty to their country. At the time, there seemed to be two countries. North and South.

At least to the people involved.

fritz

I'm related to one of Edgar Allen Poe's numerous illegtimate children on my mother's side. Can't document it as the birth records were destroyed in the Great Chicago Fire. I have some relation to a few of notoriety in Scotland but pretty well unknown in the USA from my father's side. Guess my most famous relatives are Adam and Eve!!

I have some relation to a few of notoriety in Scotland but pretty well unknown in the USA from my father's side.

I may claim this myself, albiet, the Scots are on my mother's side of the family. They are still alive and still have a castle and an ugly plaid I'm told.

That's about it for me...

Bradfords of Mass, though none of them ever write to me.

Swamprat, could I have the name and phone number of the relative who knew a Democrat who told the truth. I'd love to hear the story....oh well, probably wasn't a California Democrat.

B.

Bradfords of Mass, though none of them ever write to me.

Swamprat, could I have the name and phone number of the relative who knew a Democrat who told the truth. I'd love to hear the story....oh well, probably wasn't a California Democrat.

B.

Can't get you the name! But it happened on St. Patricks Day to a fine Irish lad who had been all day at the pub.

Swamprat

I am directly related to the last chief of one of my tribes, and as such have had the honor of representing my tribe in various formal and informal events as a young woman. I am also more distantly related to another chief of one of my tribes. There's a town in Oklahoma named after one of the chiefs to which I am related: Gotebo, OK.

I know that there are quite a few people out there who claim not only American Indian heritage, but to be related to chiefs like Quanah Parker, Sitting Bull, Red Cloud and the like, but I can tell you that I am the genuine article.

The chiefs I am related to aren't really "stand-outs" in American history, but it's an interesting thing nonetheless. It also gets me special treatment at tribal events! LOL!