Military Firearm Restoration Corner

I Finally Finished!!!

roscoedoh

Guys,

Its official! I passed my algebra final this morning and successfully completed the course! All I have left is to get some paperwork from the junior college to the university and transfer my three credit hours and I will be eligble for a diploma; finally! After my long, hard struggle with college algebra last semester, I ended up being forced to retake it after I graduated to get my diploma... but I'm all finished now!

I'd like to thank all of you, especially Fritz and z1r, for all the words of encouragement you've given over the last few months. You guys are one of the handful of things that have prevented me from yanking my hair out on numerous occassions. Its nice to have someplace to escape to - even online.

Now I'm working the next evolution - a career. I'm still in the process of getting my paperwork through the Navy and I'm also following up on an opportunity with State Farm. Hopefully someday soon I'll have a little more money to devote to my hobby?

Anywho, thanks a million guys!

Regards,

Jason

Jason.

This is gonna sound like a " Dutch Uncle" but it is true:

Sir, You are going to be working for the next 50 years, if you factor in vacations that come with most normal vocations the span is 50 times 11=550 months or 11000 days or 110,000 hours.

So do something you value, something of importance to you. Don't worry overmuch about money, once you become good at what you value that will follow.

We all like to get paid, but if you work for bucks alone, life can get real grim.

But if you can combine work and talents, life is good.

Lots of luck

Karl

Good going!! Enjoy this time of your life, With all the roads open to you its an exciting time to look back on. You would make a fine Officer. Im glad you chose the same branch of the service as Karl and Rat the Department of the Navy tongue.gif

Tom

Thanks for encouragement fellows. And thank you Karl for the advice. Though I'm tired of being broke all the time, money isn't everything for me. I seek a "happy medium" somewhere and somehow.

I'll keep you guys posted on the job search thing.

Please pray for our British comrades.

Jason

Congrats Jason,

I've got 14 credits left before I get my degree. If your heart is set on being a Naval Officer, then go forth full speed ahead. All the services are hurting for good personnel right now and they'd be dumb to turn away any volunteer.

Take care.

Jimro

Jason,

Have you considered a career in planning and development. There are jobs available in this area and it may fit well with your Poly Sci studies. In addition you can be a positive force for rational development, the lack of which is a cancerous blight upon our society.

I think you can make pretty good bucks too.

Maybe you can find something entry level to get some experience and then go for an MA/MBA later when you're ready to study again.