Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Almost at the finish line

bubbamauser

The stock is the original "Bubba'd" When I had to buy another rifle (my first attempt at rebarreling a while back didn't go real well) it killed the budget for one of richard's seconds. still need the recoil pad and to install the swivel studs but I kind of like the ultra-lite design need to get the pad on hit it a few more times with tung oil. the only thing other than the stock now is a post I am going to use I saw a while back about 1/4 lag bolt groung and drilled for a magazine button and an ideal I came up with looking at a 1/4 carriage bolt and the safety the 1/4 carriage bolt slides in the safety opening I already cut the fire cut out and the safe notch I am planning on welding a squareded cut and bent suspended ceiling hanger( comes out flat and wide after the threads makes a good thumb area) to it and notching the shroud to keep it in (and will heat treat with mapp and atf which I read somewhere else here.

IPB Image

Thanks Guys,

Roy

My God!

Don't ever let Bill see that stock, he would have a coronary and his survivors would chastice you even to death.

BTW, nice job.

fritz

Manureman,

The 06 feeds great, I did open up the box a little on either end because someone posted a while back the box could would be too short for reloads, but when I first put the barrel in I cycled a whole magazine of remington 150 through a few times with no problems , I probably did'nt need to open it up.

Fritz,

I about 1 1/2 years ago when I started going to these sites. I posted a question over at bills site. some j*** off wrote me a nasty post about my "bubbaing historic arms" and how I am destroying history, then they posted their general reply and deleted my post. I had some lame log in so I decided Bubbamauser would be appropriate from then on.

Thanks,

Roy

so I decided Bubbamauser would be appropriate from then on.

I take it you never got allowed to post anything over there after that handle?

Did you get your official walking papers like fritz did?

fritz

Fritz,

I think sometimes you let the little things like this get to you.

Consider this:

Amigo, their loss is our gain. Everyone needs a Fritz around. If they don't want one, don't hold it against them. That just means this board doesn't have to share...

Jason

wow. Man, I have two mauser stocks laying around and now I just got to try that. That's the best looking military stock I've seen. You should throw a patant on that specific cutout, make a template, and make a little money off of it!

As for the historical part, I got the same treatment from one of the "other boards" once, rather rudely. Never looked back. There are plenty of artifacts to save for history, these guns were meant to be carried and shot. And seeing trench warfare is a little out dated, I don't really see a need to keep them in their battle dress configuration. Sporterizing allows us to be artists and pragmtists at the same time. Lets face it, we're not in this for the money. Any one of us could go pick up a great hunting rifle for less then we pour into our sporters, but where would the fun be in that. I love taking a really awsome design and making it better. Guess that's why I'm "mimic"

mimic

Jason,

I certainly didn't shed any tears when getting my walking papers, but I am still waiting for one of their moderators to explain just why I got banned. One of them posts over here at times, and she has said it wasn't her that did me in.

One last word on that "other place" though. I really believe they should change the name of it to Museum Curators. After all, that is what they do---preserve them for posterity.

fritz

Dang Roy,that's a nice job on the stock and I really like your bolt.That orta be a fine hunting gun and a pleasure to tote to.I've always leaned towards composite stocks for the weight,but you turned a light bulb on my old head.Good work!!!! Jerry

Tony,

I remember the picture, but didn't save it. I did save this one, not sure of where it came from (couldn't have been you, was it?)----

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/0603/fritz/8586.jpg

fritz

Hey fritz --

I answered you AGES ago about the banning matter. Did you not receive the reply?

My computer's hard disk died since then, so I don't have any of the emails around the subject to refer to, however, if you PM me I will try to explain what I know about that whole thing again...at least what I can recollect.

Or I can PM you...either way.

I guess that explains why I never got a reply from you! LOL!

Yes, that's it. I never got the email, heard of it from a post. But I did get your PM today.

Thanks,

fritz