Military Firearm Restoration Corner

home Invasion

Sailormilan2

We just had a Home Invasion robbery occur here Monday night. Good guys 2, bad guys 0. 3 Guys tried to force their way into an elderly couples home. He is 71, and partially disabled, she is 69. He heard her calling for help, told her to get on the floor, and opened fire. 1 suspect found dead across the street, one suspect in the hospital with major injuries. 17 year old juvenile managed to assault the man, then fled, to be captured later.

Turns out the elderly "victim" sells guns at the local gunshow and over the internet. I've bought some M1 Carbine parts from him.

Guess they picked the wrong house.

I'm thrilled to hear it, having knowing a victim of a home invasion. The now deceased victim was dying of cancer and the germs were after his pain killer meds. What was pathetic after the victim gave the germs all his drugs, one of the creeps assaulted his 13 year old daughter with his finger. With a gun pointed to his head the creep put his finger under the dad's nose. I think you get the picture without being graphic. Best of my knowledge they were never caught even after a cash reward was offered.

Let's hope that everyone's house becomes the wrong one.

And let's also hope that that the homeowner doesn't have to spend a significant portion of the rest of his life dealing with the problem that these criminals caused. Lord knows that the psychological trauma of these events would be enough for anyone.

A good thing about living in North Carolina is that deadly force is legal to use against those attempting to force entry into a residence to commit a felony. I believe that California has similar, and perhaps even more lenient laws. I think everyone should look into their state laws related to lawful use of deadly force.

The home owner was treated very well. In fact, when the Bakersfield PD got there, the home owner was sitting next to the guy he wounded, telling him everything would be okay.

Our DA here is very, very, Pro Gun. One of his Deputy DAs once told me that home defense does not start at your front porch, it starts at the end of the block.

Here is the full story.

This happened Locally here in Bakersfield, Ca:

Bakersfield, Ca.

A 71-year-old Bakersfield man responded to his wife’s plea for help by shooting at three home invasion robbery suspects, killing one and wounding a second, Bakersfield police reported today.

Norman Laxson, who has sold guns online, rushed to the aid of his 69-year-old wife, Ramona, as she was confronted Monday night at her front door by the suspects, according to police and an Internet search.

Police responded to the 9:48 p.m. incident and found Laxson bleeding from multiple cuts as he was seated just outside his front door, the department reported.

Next to him was Jose Covarrubias, 18, who was on the ground with multiple gunshot wounds, police said.

Nearby, was Jermaine Dabbs, 24, who was dead from a fatal gunshot, police said. A loaded handgun was located next to him, police said.

Laxson was injured in a struggle with the third suspect, a 17-year-old boy who attacked Lawson after his buddies were shot, police said. The boy wrestled Laxson’s gun away from him, police said.

The youth ran away but was arrested a short distance from Laxson’s house in the 9900 block of Kearney Hills Drive, police said. That’s in Rosedale near Brimhall Road and Calloway Drive.

Covarrubias was in stable condition at a local hospital, police said.

He and the youth were arrested on charges of robbery, conspiracy, assault with a deadly weapon and murder, police said.

The murder charge stems from the state’s felony murder rule in which murder charges can be filed against suspects in a felony during which someone was killed, even if the suspects didn’t actually fire a weapon.

Laxson was also treated at Kern Medical Center for his injuries and he was in fair condition Tuesday morning, a nurse said.

His wife was not hurt, police said.

Dabbs has a long criminal record from 2000 to 2004, including theft of a firearm, battery, trespassing, several thefts and disrupting a school, according to records in Kern County Superior Court.

He recently got out of prison from a 2-year term he receive in the gun theft conviction, records indicate. Covarrubias has no record as an adult in Kern County Superior Court.