Military Firearm Restoration Corner

end of the road

FC

So many things have changed in the last 18 years or so. I believe I came around in 2005. As has been mentioned the surplus market has gone away. Also we have lost some folks due to their passing. Others are afraid to discuss their projects or collections. Still many others were lost when the site was forced to change hosts.

I miss the old days we had and the constant input about projects and such. We were all like one big family in the early days, for sure. Sadly time takes its toll on most everything and our group is no exception.

I still make daily stops to see what's new and will miss that. To all that are still around take care, be safe and be thankful for the times we've had. It's been good to be here. 

Recall bill and the Turkish Mauser forum?  How about 5 fer Turks? I saw an 03 and 1938 Turk  going for over $500 and the guy seemed to think it a deal!!!!!!

Mostly I MISS THE ammo $4 For 70 ROUNDS OF 8 MM!  Guy was asking $70 a bando for Turk ammo

Yep  starting to sound like an old guy at the corner store,

karl

Do you remember $16.00 u fixims from Century. How about excellent condition Romanain m44s for $54.00? Those were in as mew condition. Better yet 8mm ammo, new production soft point for 6.00 a box. How about pissing off parrolox Bill with pictures of a mauser clamped in a vise with hacksaw in hand. Instant banning from sight. Remember that Tony? Ahh the days gone by, but I sure wouldn't trade em. We do seem to be the few survivors. It's been a great ride my friends.

I just did some searching about P Bill and found where he posted on gunboards in March of this year. There is a post over there about what ever happened to the site. It died a slow death but ultimately was finally ended due to tha lack of anymore milsurps. According to Bill  the lack of having anymore milsurps available and high prices the days of good deals were no longer to be found. 

On 12/13/2023 at 3:49 PM, FC said:

It looks like we're coming to the end of the road after 22 or 23 years. Time for, "So long's".  There's a handful of truly free speech places anymore, and the loss of that may be the greatest loss.

Who is pulling the plug, and why?  Did the Flatulant Fowl run out of gas?  I drop in about once a week to see what's up. :ph34r:  And I miss many long ago posters that are MIA.  Like Z1r aka Mike, etc.  But slow doesn't mean dead.  So why give up?  What about the reamer co-op, can't find anything current on it.

I'm sure there are many like me who don't hang around the campfire but still consider this a 2nd home.   :wub:

My PM skills suck turds. Like all of my outer skills. Someone [Tony] please Email me and let me know whats up.

Well, costs are up, use is down.  Richard, our IT service contractor, is working on a finding us cheaper hosting, etc.  Tony says we are good for another year at this point, with a minimal addition to what was surplus from last year's hat passing.  Z1r is still around and shows up occasionally. 

Post something you're working on in one of the appropriate forums.  Or hang out in chewing the cud.  Or biatch in fighting words.  Plenty to biatch about today.