Military Firearm Restoration Corner

FBI is profiling you!

FC

I don't know.  I have wondered that myself.  And the swamp is bigger than just the feebies.  However, I am pretty sure that THIS TIME, he knows fully what he is up against.  I don't think he did last time.

I would have to believe the feds have been watching this and similar sites for years. 

After all, wasn't that how Snowden got into trouble, when he leaked the fact that NSA was spying on US citizens?

We have a lot of members, or accounts, that never post, just exist in the background.  I wonder how many of those are feds just registering to get a full look into the site, although we don't have any members only parts that I know of. A lot of those could have been spam accounts too. 

I think in a lot of cases members remain around and read the sites, but no longer are actively involved in collecting or restoring milsurps. The market dried up, prices soared and many simply gave up. It is the same way with many different forums and not just gun related. Also a lot of us early members are aging and no longer actively shooting but do check in to see what is being posted about. The younger generations have no interest.

2 hours ago, Dr.Hess said:

We have a lot of members, or accounts, that never post, just exist in the background.  I wonder how many of those are feds just registering to get a full look into the site, although we don't have any members only parts that I know of. A lot of those could have been spam accounts too. 

They don't need a membership.

You guys should watch this movie, "Citizenfour" The amount of surveillance is staggering, and this was more than 10 years ago.

With the corrupt government we have now,  and a openly weaponized FBI and intelligence community, I can't even fathom what they're doing these days.

I strongly believe the left will take Trump out before letting him back into the white house.

I agree with both you guys.  Besides the decline in milsurps, etc., face book took a big toll on the forums.  I still remember when e-mail lists were the thing.  And before that, there were 2, count 'em 2, forums on the internet, then called DARPAnet.  One in Mississippi and one at MIT.  You had to TELNET to them once you connected into the net on a dialup through a local university.

And, yeah, the feds (all of them) don't need logins to see the forums, but I think it makes it easier for them.  Maybe not.  FYI, I knew a guy that ran a department at AT&T back in the 80's.  As a clue into his responsibility level:  His budget for his department was $6 million.  A month.  He told me back then that all conversations could be "recreated."  That is, played back.  It was all digital then, and all stored.

7 hours ago, Dr.Hess said:

I agree with both you guys.  Besides the decline in milsurps, etc., face book took a big toll on the forums.  I still remember when e-mail lists were the thing.  And before that, there were 2, count 'em 2, forums on the internet, then called DARPAnet.  One in Mississippi and one at MIT.  You had to TELNET to them once you connected into the net on a dialup through a local university.

And, yeah, the feds (all of them) don't need logins to see the forums, but I think it makes it easier for them.  Maybe not.  FYI, I knew a guy that ran a department at AT&T back in the 80's.  As a clue into his responsibility level:  His budget for his department was $6 million.  A month.  He told me back then that all conversations could be "recreated."  That is, played back.  It was all digital then, and all stored.

Consider this, they were collecting millions of terabytes per second during the Bush - Obama era, how much has technology advanced in the last 8 years.

I dunno.  They have screwed up every single place on the planet.  I last traveled the world in the mid 80's.  Back then, Argentina, Israel, Costa Rica, parts of Panama, Brazil were all nice, but they are all screwed now.  I think the best places today are Arkansas, Wyoming, Idaho, South Dakota.  Way under the RADAR.