Military Firearm Restoration Corner

One tough Texas Lady

ShooterTom

Those of us here in Texas remember this incident well. It happened because our democratic guvnor refused to sign the bill introduced several times (by republican lawmakers)

The bill was the CCW permit system pushed by Senator Jerry Patterson ®. Richards vowed to never sign it while she was governor.

Well, she got beaten by the man who is now our president, and he signed it into law. Patterson went on to become Texas Land Commissioner.

Where Ms Richards is now, not too many people in Texas really give a damed about.

May she live long (long enough to suffer the nightmares of the people who lost their lives because she was just too damned assine to see the right of self-defense in Texas).

Oh yeah, I heard her speak before a convention of farmers and ranchers in Austin once. She brought out a line of crap about her wearing dresses made out of feed sacks when she was a child. Every farmer in the room shook his head, and then applauded at her soon to be named succesor to GW (Perry).

He got in on GW's coattails, and we all know it.

fritz

I didn't look at the video, but I assume that you guys are talking about Suzanna Hupp? Not only was she at Luby's in Killeen, she lost both of her parents in that incident, and she even had a handgun in her vehicle, but it was against the law for her to have taken it with her into the restaurant. She mentioned on an episode of Penn & Teller's Bull**** that she wishes to this very day that she would have ignored such a stupid law. She says she has no idea what the outcome might have been had she been armed that day in the restaurant, but it may have been a very different situation had she been legal to have her pistol with her.

I can't imagine how she must have felt watching her parents die at that lunatic's hands. And it would have been so easy to become an anti-gun fanatic, but she didn't...she did just the opposite, and has been a WONDERFUL advocate for the expansion of carry rights in Texas. I think she's the best!

Emul, you should watch that video. Boy she lets Schumer (I think) have it between the eyes at the end. Like Clinton, didn't matter what the lady said.

Fritz, I can tell Perry is lame, but I don't know if the granny is worth a vote or not. She doesn't make a stand on her ads. Being a tough granny isn't telling me much. I danged sure won't vote democrat.

Tony,

The reason why Perry will not get reelected is because of his inability to lead the Texas legislature.

The failure of the school finance reform bill to pass (after so many special sessions) will hurt him. Texas is looking for a new leader, and it ain't Perry.

I met him once in Austin, and he is what you call a "good ol' boy". Problem is, good ol' boys ain't getting the taxpayers vote.

fritz

Luby's in Killeen is a prime example of why we should be packing whenever possible. If even a small percentage of the passengers on 9/11 had been armed as was their constitutional right as Americans, I suspect that thousands would be still alive today and billions in damages averted. Disarming Americans is illegal and much more dangerous than the alternative.

If we are really a "free" people, why aren't able to defend that freedom at all times? Has freedom been degraded to the point that we are only free in our homes or on our property? This degradation needs to be reversed so that everyone is free everywhere at all times in our nation.

I think that part of the problem is that we've become accustomed to not trusting one another. Being responsible has become less important. Issues related to personal responsibility and appropriate behavior would improve rapidly if everyone were expected to be armed. Poor behavior would become a very serious concern, and not tolerated. Our society would be much better for it. I suspect that there would be fewer bloodbaths than occur under current conditions, and those that did occur would be much shorter and less dramatic.