Military Firearm Restoration Corner

What we've been doing all along

FC

The Army has decided to do the following:

Listen to customers, question the status quo, and improve results through fact-based decisions.

I thought about it and that is where we have had an edge, despite setbacks due to failures of EZBoard and Sizzly Hosting.

I think of the difference is board philosophies:

1. Listen to the customers (you) vs. Do what the board "owner" wants to do.

2. Question the status quo (why are we doing this? Can we do this better? What categories should be listed? Why? How will we do it and promote it? Where should we go to accomplish this task? vs. "I'm soliciting your opinions, which I don't do often".

3. Improve results through fact-based decisions. Begin innovative forums with new approaches. Delete ineffective forums. Deal with problems (like in-fighting) in a new way. Be open to varied opinions. vs. Stagnation, lack of innovation, doing what we've always done. Taking the easy path. Avoidance of risk.

"Think of the difference is board philosophies"

You're too modest Beau. The difference is YOUR philosophy. If it weren't for your own attitude and demeanor in addressing all of these issues and establishing and providing this space, guided by your own philosophy and principals, we simply wouldn't be here. We wouldn't know each other and many of the ideas that have taken shape or been exchanged through this site would have never come to fruition. There has to be someone "in charge" even if his/her style of leadership is not so visable. You're it and I salute you.

I like your style FC.

I appreciate it, but humbly so, since it takes a team. Something I've been learning while going to John Maxwell video presentations at lunch on Leadership, Winning with People, and Team Building, is that at least with me, in the past, sharing the work and credit means I don't get the credit. Wrong! Rarely do great things happen without a team. The team shares the glory and the victory, not just an individual.

One thing I have thought of is, What about a forum about emergency preparedness ie: survival? With things like 9/11, katrina, and birdflu this has become a hot topic. I go to another site to discuss it. It would be nice to stay home. I have seen another board add such a forum and it has really taken off.

Just a thought, Tom

That would be fine as long as we don't get viewed a "survivalist site".

FC, I agree, I don't think we need to worry about that. Preparedness has gone main stream, the Goverment even encourages it.

ShooterTom