Military Firearm Restoration Corner

My topic was deleted from Sporting Clays Forum

Reverend Recoil

Listed below is the topic I started on the Sporting Clays Forum. It was deleted by the moderator. No reason was given. Can you believe that! Bobby Fowler is a champion shooter who runs his own shooting school. My post was a lampoon on his advertisement photo. Those uppity skeet shooters just don't get it or maybe my topic was in bad taste. What do you think?

That awful picture on page 49.

There is Bobby Fowler, jr. again on page 49 of the March issue of Sporting Clays. Bobby Fowler must be a good shooter and probably a nice fellow but that has got to be the worst ad portrait I have seen in a long time. Bobby, do your self and us a favor. Hire a professional photographer that knows how to produce a proper portrait.

In the mean time let’s have a little innocent fun with this. Take a pencil and draw a balloon over Bobby’s head and write your own caption or cartoon dialog and then post it in a reply to this topic. I will go first.

“It smells like somebody in my squad had a bean burrito for lunch.”

“You mean you will pay me $500 for competing with and endorsing Stoeger Condor shotguns? Hmmm. I know the Stoeger gear is way cooler than that Browning stuff. Alright, throw in three Stoeger ball caps and mister you’ve got a deal!

“International trap? If foreigners are doing it, it can’t be that hard of a game.”

“The only person that really understands dram equivalents is the club house bar tender.”

“Just squirt lots of WD-40 on your gun after a shoot and it will last forever.”

“So you’re the one that stole my bean burrito from my golf cart. You #######!”

Listed below is the topic I started on the Sporting Clays Forum. It was deleted by the moderator. No reason was given. Can you believe that! Bobby Fowler is a champion shooter who runs his own shooting school. My post was a lampoon on his advertisement photo. Those uppity skeet shooters just don't get it or maybe my topic was in bad taste. What do you think?

That awful picture on page 49.

There is Bobby Fowler, jr. again on page 49 of the March issue of Sporting Clays. Bobby Fowler must be a good shooter and probably a nice fellow but that has got to be the worst ad portrait I have seen in a long time. Bobby, do your self and us a favor. Hire a professional photographer that knows how to produce a proper portrait.

In the mean time let’s have a little innocent fun with this. Take a pencil and draw a balloon over Bobby’s head and write your own caption or cartoon dialog and then post it in a reply to this topic. I will go first.

“It smells like somebody in my squad had a bean burrito for lunch.”

“You mean you will pay me $500 for competing with and endorsing Stoeger Condor shotguns? Hmmm. I know the Stoeger gear is way cooler than that Browning stuff. Alright, throw in three Stoeger ball caps and mister you’ve got a deal!

“International trap? If foreigners are doing it, it can’t be that hard of a game.”

“The only person that really understands dram equivalents is the club house bar tender.”

“Just squirt lots of WD-40 on your gun after a shoot and it will last forever.”

“So you’re the one that stole my bean burrito from my golf cart. You #######!”

I can't see anything wrong with that ! There's nothing offensive

But then again as you say some Clay target shooters (Not all but some) are as you say very uppity ! I was shooting over in Western Australia & I was in Kalgoorlie ,a Freind invited me to go to the Goldfeilds Gun clup for a couple of rounds of Down the line (trap ) On my arrival I was totaly ignored until my freind turned up(I was on the point of leaving) When I asked the Club President if they minded me if haveing a couple of rounds it was as if I'd admited having AIDS ! I was asked if I was a member of the Australian Clay Target assotiation ? YES!!!!! Oh well what's your handi cap ? 25yrds why ? Oh we only shoot compertion here ! We don't like non members just turning up off the street (we're talking about a club that would make a third world nations lay out look good if you know what I mean) Needless to say I left ! But on the Other hand I have met & shot against Michel Diamond & he takes any amount of joking & in fact incourages it ! I really think the Mod who banned your post should have a long look at himself !

Dave

We have the same sort of "social line" at my range.

There are the Shotgun people and the Rifle people and the relationship is not warm.

The proshop stocks only shot-gun supplies and the snack bar is over on THE CLAY RANGE.

Tne shop and clubhouse are only opened on Wed and weekends..when the shotgunners shoot.

The good thing about it is that the Shotgun types tend to be Nabobs, so the local community, which moved in long after the range was built, were unable to closedown the range even to "protect their quality of life"

This is Kali...

So I guess Snobs can, at times, be useful.

Karl ..a rifle peon. :0

I suppose sporting clays and lampoon don't mix very well. Its just as well. I have a much more rewarding time with this forum than with any other.

• 1 month later...

"We have the same sort of "social line" at my range.

There are the Shotgun people and the Rifle people and the relationship is not warm.

The proshop stocks only shot-gun supplies and the snack bar is over on THE CLAY RANGE.

Tne shop and clubhouse are only opened on Wed and weekends..when the shotgunners shoot.

The good thing about it is that the Shotgun types tend to be Nabobs, so the local community, which moved in long after the range was built, were unable to closedown the range even to "protect their quality of life"

This is Kali... "

Yes, I believe that last sentence says it best. Because in Kali, ain't shotguns more "politically correct"?

You rifle people should just learn to adjust.

Adjust your sights, and------

fritz