Military Firearm Restoration Corner

1st Annual Cultural Diversity Essay Contest

FC

"Professor Karl, lead the way please!"

I would be honored.

First of all we must embrace the fact that Amerikia is the root of all evil in the world and always has been.

It is a known fact that it was THE CIA that killed all the Dinos so that Mr. Bush could sell oil and we must accept the clear duty of the repressive white men on this site to pay "raperations" to the people of the third world for neo-milsuping.

Once this is done we can be free to unfold and once in touch with our "pink" side, serve the "COMMUNITY"

with social justice and LOVE.

Now CARING PERSONS have the loving chance to join the KARL institute for kindness and karing.

Life membership is a gift of 10.000 or your collections.....give the gift of diversity.

It is for the Children.

Karl

Guess I'll be disqualified for plagiarizing but I'm not really claiming credit. T.R. being my choice for all-time greatest American I just couldn't resist posting this here.

"In the first place we should insist that if the immigrant who comes

here in good faith becomes an American and assimilates himself to us, he

shall be treated on an exact equality with everyone else, for it is an

outrage to discriminate against any such man because of creed, or

birthplace, or origin. But this is predicated upon the man's becoming in

very fact an American, and nothing but an American...There can be no

divided allegiance here. Any man who says he is an American, but

something else also, isn't an American at all. We have room for but one

flag, the American flag, and this excludes the red flag, which symbolizes

all wars against liberty and civilization, just as much as it excludes any

foreign flag of a nation to which we are hostile...We have room for but

one language here, and that is the English language...and we have room

for but one sole loyalty and that is a loyalty to the American people."

Theodore Roosevelt 1907

Celebrate Diversity by treating all Nagants, Arisakas, Krags, Springfields, Ternis, Carcanos, Enfields, Rosses and Mannlichers the same as Mausers. From here forward subtract the maximun working pressure of a Mauser action by 10,000 lbs and increase all others by 15,000. Parts such as male and female bayonet connections hence forward shall be named thingy, what-cha-ma-call-its, chingaderas or thing-a-ma-jigs. Good Grief! I was ready to take on blueing but I'm going to bed, goodnight!!

You are on to something here!

I believe we shooters should embrace diversity. Diversity and tolerance means acknowledging that even liberal democrats have a trigger finger: Feinstein, Kennedy, Schumer, Daschel, they all have trigger fingers. We welcome them to our little fraternity. Pink Pistols are a bit tougher, but yes, we must love them into our peaceable kingdom too! We will celebrate the diversity by having having National Squirrel Heritage Month January (never microwave squirrel), Rabbit Remembrance Month Feb., Turkey Festival Days in March, Hog on a spit in April, Coyote Month for June, Prairie Dog Cook-off in July, Armadillo Chili month is August, etc.

No more will we be just a group of old farts, but we'll have women, babies, and wierdos as our brethren and sisters. Amen.

I would like to point out that diversity exists more as a matter of perception than of reality.

After all, if you look at any milsurp Mauser sporterized into a tasteful 30-06, we would not expect to see the same rifle in any of our safes. Why? Because there exists wonderful diversity of stocks, barrel contours, sight bases and rings, as well as triggers and bottom metal, different bolt handle jobs as well.

In fact I guarantee that if 10 of us put our Mausers in 30-06 side by side no two would be alike.

And so I ask you with all this diversity in just Mausers do we really need to confuse the matter even more with Nagants and Carcano's? Truly there is a lifetimes worth of diversity in Mausers alone.

And now that we conclude ten Mausers in 30-06 are diverse, let us move on to diversity of ammo that they shoot. Some plink with milsurp ammo, others with "The Load" (nod to Professor Karl) and others don't plink at all, they buy a box of shells, sight it in, and go hunt.

And what do we hunt with our 30-06's? Porcine varieties from the small javelina to the mighty feral hog (not to the gentleman farmer and piggy terminator), whitetail, blacktail (for those of us in Alaska and Washington) and mule deer, Elk of both the Roosevelt and Rocky Mountain variety, coyote, black and grizzly bear, moose, caribou, and every other game that we can legally take.

Truly a Mauser in 30-06 is the apex of diversity, different looking and performing rifles launching bullets from 110 to 220 grains rolled at home and in the factory, hunting game from a few pounds to over a ton.

And we didn't even consider the differences between different Mauser models, the Turks and the Czechs, the Germans and the Belgian (MosinNagant collectors/shooters will go on endlessly about the most minute differences....). Nor did we consider the great many cartriges that you can mate with the Mauser action to have a truly superior rifle, for hunting or target.

And while some may think it silly to point out all the differences amongst our Mausers in 30-06, I say to them, all the paintings in the Louvre are just color on canvas right? It is the artistry, or the functionality, that provides diversity.

Jimro

Amen to that.

I agree diversity is a good thing. I believe it is exercised here on our MFRC forums, and wouldn't it be cool if it were so exercised on some other forums?

fritz

I believe that humans should try very hard not to be judged or judge other humans on the basis of ancestoral background. Therefore, diversity based on race should be irrelevant in every respect.

I also believe that we humans should try very hard to be judged and judge others based upon the quality of their behavior. Our behavior is based upon our beliefs and philosophy. Therefore what, and the way in which, we think should be of paramount importance. I think that it is dangerous to try to judge others based on thier beliefs and philosophy, because (in the absence of a Vulcan mind-meld) it is impossible to accurately judge what others are thinking. Therefore, I think it is a good idea to embrace diversity in thought and philosophy, but not promote acceptance of diverse behavior, or an irrelevant focus on racial background. To the extent that it doesn't result in problematic behavior or actions, let people's ideas run wild - that's the diversity that our society has, and should continue to embrace.

Tawny the cat here.

I am having my human Karl. point out that we cats support diversity among all lower(noncat) life forms.

It is without question clear that if one is not a cat..(there are only two forms of life, cats and those that wish they were cats,) it is pleasent to see the lower order "getalong".

Karl

By direction of

HRH Tawny the Cat.

Guest Uncle Rainbow

If this nation is to become the utopia of equality where all races and religions are truly non discrimanatory-we, the formerly white male majority, must quit calling queers and coons and beaners and all the rest of the crawl under the fence slant eyed-dark skinned-towel for a hat wearing tick infested desert dwelling camel riding young boy loving sons of Islam.... what they are.

Uncle Rainbow.....leading the way to reform,