Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Valentine's Day

fritz

OK, all you married fellows--- did you get that gift yet for the love of your life? (and don't give me the crap about your rifle being the love of your life).

Hell, you don't even need to be married to send the gift that will get you closer to the heart of that special someone (but let's leave it between a man and a woman, please).

Remember, it's the thought that counts! Something simple (like a 1 carat stone) will suffice. No need to overspend.

Since I already gave mrs fritz that stone for Christmas, tomorrow it will be just a simple rose.

Remember, it's the thought that counts!

fritz

Already in the doghouse with a couple women I know on Valentine's day. This could be expensive...

I doubt reloading dies would help much, but at least I've something to do with all my free time! :lol:

"flowers on friday as a suprise, and tomorrow night, homecooked lobster dinner!"

That sounds nice. I would love to have a go at cooking a lobster, but since the last time I saw a lobster was when me and mrs fritz were snorkling in the Florida Keys, we would have to go out to a Red Lobster Inn to eat.

The home-cooked dinner sounds better. Let us know how it was.

fritz

Some sheetrock,drywall screws,a cut-in electrical box,some 14-2 wire,and a groundfault electrical switch.I got a card and 2 bags of chocalate covered dried fruit,and a steak supper.Reckon I'm in deep shmitt.Jerry

Don't feel too bad Horsefly. My wife got about the same thing. We decided that we wouldn't waste any mony on cards or stuff but spend the money to get our addition finished.

I sent her a nice email at work. She was happy with that.

Well, as I said--it's the thought that counts.

odies dad, I see in your bio that you were born in 1964. That was a memorable year for me.

I married mrs fritz in that year. Since then, there has been many additions to our our house (and quite a few new outlets installed) as well as countless loading dies added to my arsenal.

And I must admit that I have not always been the old softy, in fact there were years when things were kinda tight (no sexual intent meant). We survived.

I did not have all the little toys that I now have (simply because I could not afford them at the time, and fritz was never one to borrow).

But now that I am in my twilight years, one does become a bit more mellow (especially as to their spouse).. I am ashamed that I did not give her the gifts back then that she so trully deserved. But life is that way, and there were times that pure survival took precedence.

I wish I could have spent more time with her and my son when I had the chance, but again pure survival took precedence. I swear now that it will not happen again. I believe that we all learn many lessons in life, and continue to learn until the day we die.

It is, after all, the thought that counts.

fritz

The home-cooked dinner sounds better. Let us know how it was.

fritz

well fritz, the dinner was excellent! a couple live lobsters, some tomatoes, spices, pasta, asparagas and french bread... mmmm, mmmmm, good! it was a real experience, cooking lobsters, but it came out very well (ok, i may have cooked them just a tad too long, they were just a touch on the tough side). i also found a small bottle of the same wine we had at our wedding and some petit fours for dessert.

man, what a mess i made!

hope all of you had a nice day with your loved ones (no, not your mausers... the other loves of your lives!)

Jerry,

You don't reckon she appreciates the new house more than a card? I'll bet she'll love the house so much when you're done overhauling it that Valentine's Day won't matter much!

Jason,your thinking like a man,and that won't cut it with a woman on Valentines Day.You'll learn if and when you get married.Even if you both agree not to get each other anything,you will get something.It's just a test.Jerry

Jason ,Jerry is giving you some advice you'd do well to remember.But Jerry I've been through what your wife is going through with her momma,I went through it with both my folks and they've been gone about ten years now and it was HELL ,and there aint a day goes by that I dont miss em' but your wife is gonna love you big time for what your doin' ol son dont doubt that . Jim