Military Firearm Restoration Corner

SoCal Get together

z1r

Hi All,

We've been talking about a SoCal get together. Let's use this forum to make it happen. Lets post up our availability and so what shakes out. Ideas on what to do and where would be good too. Probably dependant on where most of us are.

March looks ok so far but I will be needing to take about a week to head back to Texas. Not sure when yet.

Lets start by seeing who's interested.

When I was in college I went there every Wednesday. I used to see the strangest things. I managed to go through about 2000 rds a month back then. That was in the mid 80's. Haven't been there since.

if you click on the link i gave you guys, you will see that they have cleaned the whole place up. it is no longer the "good old days" with open shooting everywhere. they have a real nice setup now with a paved road right up to the range and shooting stations. even has a rangemaster! nice place! and not the "wild westside" it was,

bj

if you click on the link i gave you guys, you will see that they have cleaned the whole place up. it is no longer the "good old days" with open shooting everywhere. they have a real nice setup now with a paved road right up to the range and shooting stations. even has a rangemaster! nice place! and not the "wild westside" it was,

bj

Is this place wheelchair accessible?

Brian

I'm good for anything after mid-March.

SM2 and I can truck over together and bring our voluminous piles of trading treasues.

Also would be good for some place closer to the C. Valley/n. LA. county area. Or up the Valley if there is many N. Cal. folks interested.

Depending on your travel schedule, we may be able to swing a Texas get together too.

I've been throwing that idea around for a while now, but don't have a place to host it. There's no range that I know of in Nacogdoches county and I don't have a house.

I kinda like the idea of a gunsmithing get together somewhere - I know there's lots of hands I'd like to shake and a great many beers I need to buy for the help I've received.

I'm good for anything after mid-March.

SM2 and I can truck over together and bring our voluminous piles of trading treasues.

Also would be good for some place closer to the C. Valley/n. LA. county area. Or up the Valley if there is many N. Cal. folks interested.

After mid-march is sounding good to me too.

Jeremy, if you're reading this, what's your schedule like?

Trading? I like trading!

After mid-march is sounding good to me too.

Jeremy, if you're reading this, what's your schedule like?

Trading? I like trading!

I'm down for any weekend after the 4-5 of march with one caveat, I can't do saturday mornings. I have a welding class from 8am to noon. So saturday afternoon or sunday morning is best. We have a couple options as far as location as I see it. Place To Shoot isn't bad if we have anyone coming from fresno/bakersfield or even farther north if someone wants to drive that far, or Angeles, or this lytle creek.

For me I would prefer either of the two I mentioned first, mostly because its 80-85 miles from me to lytle creek and about 45 miles for Mike (at least from the looks of the map).

I'm actually doing a meet for snipershide.com on march 5th at Angeles, I may also swing by the glendale gun show that weekend.

Jer

Wahhh! I will be travelling to New Mexico in mid March to find my new house and probably buying it, so I don't think I will be able to make it to a CA shoot. Besides, y'all may not want me around anyway, since I am working toward my escape from CA!

Perhaps, once I get settled in NM, thereby being a bit closer to TX, some of y'all TX boys will invite me to your get together? Even though I am an Oklahoman. LOL!

So, should we lean towards the San Berdoo site the 3rd or 4th week of March. Sat afternoon, if johndhammer can get us in? Maybe that late Emy can come too.

Haven't heard anything from any other C Valley folks, so looks like So Cal is best.

Dale, Mike??