Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Not much cud being chewed around here

Doble Troble

I would have to agree with the previous poster (and how many times does fritz agree with anyone?)

Come on folks, we need to keep up the traffic (not to try to equal some other sites, but to keep it interesting).

Lately, I have been kinda moody and post more on the fightin' forum. The sporterizing forum seems to be doing OK.

I must applogize that I have not kept up with all the forums in our domain. I don't have all that much time to monitor every one of them, all of the time.

But I will try to liven things up here all I can.

fritz

If the sombrero will work to get things going, here is a photo that is sure to be "cool"--

user posted image

Hope it works. I still have trouble getting used to the new format.

fritz

fritz..

I am very offended by your lack of respect for the culture of others!

Such a picture, sir why...I cannot believe in this day and age...

To think that you could post such a thing!!!!

Don't you know that ....Don't you understand...

SNOW IS NOT GOOD FOR A MAUSER!!!

What would your German forefathers say?

I am so upset that I must take a strong drink of warmmilk and lay down.

Karl of the PC

Although Karl brings-up an important point about due respect deserved by Mausers, I can't really get too upset about it while being distracted by the sombrero next to it. That is one damn fine hat wub.gif . I'll trade you two Turks for it?

Karl,

I cannot believe you don't realize the Mauser rifles were used extensively in the snow. Many battles were fought in the snow. Snow is so rare here in S. Texas that it probably may never see another snow again. I had to give it a chance to experience the feel of snow upon the stock.

I am always thinking about what my rifles might say if they could talk. This one said "Let there be snow".

And there was snow.

fritz

Mutts are the best. We got ours from a shelter in Corvallis, Or. I can't imagine why the owners didn't want her. She's the best and smartest dawg I've ever seen. She's getting old, but still is always on kitchen patrol and is ready to "go get it" anytime.

I bet your dawg is going to attain full family member status shortly.

Tony: I have seen numerous examples of a "Locksmith" dog* and yours is certainly a fine example of the breed!

* Locksmith Dog......kick him in the butt and he makes a bolt for the door!