Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Spam

Toney

My email account get so much spam, it is practically useless. I've had this email address since about 1995 and the worst happened after the 'bot sucked all the emails out of eBay. I think that list is still being sold around to the spammers.

Dr.Hess

Toney, you couldn't post because of spam? That confuses me. I get spam on my email, but by spam here I mean people who would post a lot to cause problems, such as trolls, or advertisements that don't belong here. Email spam gets everywhere, esp. if a company sells your address.

Hell, I've been posting here for years (Ok, on our different servers) and I don't get any more spam than I did (actually less) before.

Get a good spam blocker, like the Spamkiller from McAfee. Get the whole ball of wax with the spyware removal (now part of their virus scan version) and you should have no problems.

I definitely get no more spam because I post here than I did before I posted here.

Get the Spam Killer software and see if it don't work. And set your control settings to "medium" or you will miss many emails that are actually not spam. Like Ebay winning bids, mine were getting blocked as spam.

fritz