Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Getting Old!

ShooterTom

Im losing my youth, Im well on my way to joining you old farts (I mean that with respect lol) I was getting a haircut Saturday and the Lady says, "Oh I see your eyebrows are getting some wild ones in there" and she trims my eyebrows!! It stinks,.... I like to think of myself as a young punk still. I dont think young punks have to have their eyebrows trimmed!!

Sigh, Tom

A friend of mine once told me, what he hated about getting old was his hair was falling off the top and growing everywhere else, mostly from his nose and ears.

Kenny

I'll be 53 in 7 days,and if I had all my hair and didn't need cheaters,I'd feel as good as I did at 20,but a helluva lot smarter.The hair thing and eyes make me feel old.Someone once said they came from a family of long livers,that his Dad lived to be 50.The other guy said "50 aint very old",and his reply was,ya,but he had a liver 2ft long. I hope I'm a long liver.Jerry

I kinda like the long eyebrows I'm getting. I can comb them back to cover my bald spot, lol. Since I've started sprouting hair on my ears I don't need ear muffs anymore. Getting old is great!

"I kinda like the long eyebrows I'm getting. I can comb them back to cover my bald spot, lol."

I never thought of it that way! Thats something to keep in mind. LOL I don't need that help yet but it's coming!

I hope im a long liver too I want to at least see some grandkids before I kick off.

Tom

Well, I'm one of the "old farts" and I always tell my barber to leave the eyebrows alone!

They have always been long, and I still remember mrs fritz telling me (when we were dating) how nice my eyebrows were.

I guess there was not much else about me that made me "special", but Oh those eyebrows!

fritz

Well a bottle of Head & Shoulders lasts about four times as long as it did when I was young. I can dispense it with an eye dropper now. I was always so proud to find a grey hair, that meant it turned grey before it turned loose. In all honesty I haven't lost any hair, it just relocated, ears, nose, back, ect.

As a child I thought a day was forever. As I got older the days seemed to grow shorter and shorter, but in reality I'm moving slower and slower. Don't misunderstand I'm not complaining, just observing.

rwims