Military Firearm Restoration Corner

New Grandpa !

manureman

My oldest daughter made me a grandpa for the first time this morning.A perfect little girl 7lbs 15ozs. Momma and baby are fine and I'm on cloud 9. Bought her a Cricket .22 today one of the little stainless jobs with a pink laminated stock and signed her up as NRA member,grandma thinks I might be gettin' ahead of myself a little LOL..Well got the most of my chores done so I better get cleaned up and get back to the hospital, grandma left an hour ago and I cant let her do all the spoilin' ya' know.Hope all you folks have had a fraction of the day I've had, it's been a dandy here!!! Jim

Oh gosh dang Jim,that's great big good news.You get to start a new life with the new life.My 2 little grandaughters are what I live for now.When the little poots look at you and say I love you Papa,you know they mean it and it'll melt your heart.Your a lucky man and I'm so happy for you.Don't worry when you here someone say the baby favors you,because they'll grow out of it and be just fine.I'm going to buy my girls Chipmunks,and should have done it already.One wants pink,and the other's favorite color is purple,so I may have to paint one purple.I forgot about Crickets.Maybe they have purple!Congradulations Pee-paw.I wish my next grandbaby would have a kickstand,but girls are just fine with me.Jerry

Jim,

I can't believe I beat you to the grandchild thing. And a girl too.

My first is almost a year old now, and my son swears she will own me someday. Heck, she already does. But I have not bought her a rifle yet, I will let her choose that if she wishes. I don't want to step ahead of what my son and his wife want for her.

They will do the right thing, as I know my son (I raised him on rifles, and he was a better marksman than me). Until then, it's their thing.

Until, of course, that she gets old enough to understand the values of what gun ownership means. For now, it's money in a time deposit for her.

Congratulations, fritz

manureman!

Congratulations! Man, it seems that there's kind of a micro-boom going on around here, what with the babies and grandbabies!

And yet, no cigars.

LOL!

I have nothing to offer you as advice goes, but I do know that your daughter chose wisely when she chose a girl!