Military Firearm Restoration Corner

The Doughty House Is A Sad Place

Horsefly

Since November,I've been remodeling a house we bought that's bigger than the one we own now,so that my mother-in-law can live with us.She had many health problems,and this past year had developed Ahlziemers,and had to be cared for 24 hrs.We are about a week away from moving in,but my poor sweet wife lost her mother Wed. morning.She's handling it as well as expected.She done real good at the funeral home making arrangements yesterday,and it helps to know she never had to leave her home to live with us.That was going to be a day I so dreaded.She was going to fight us the day she found out she wasn't there just for an overnighter.Who could have blamed her for that.It's one of those bumps in life to get over I guess.Sorry to dump this on our happy place,but I'm setting here alone in the dark and wanted to talk.Jerry

Jerry,

I too want to add my feelings of sympathy for you and your wife.

This is the place, and these are your friends, to share your thoughts with.

fritz

Your sure a bunch of good fellers and I thank you for your thoughfullness.My wife and her sister have been handling it pretty well until last night.They had lots of time together and done a lot of crying that they needed to do,and seemed much at ease until the visitation last night,when the old aunts and family friends they haven't seen for 20 years show and start having melt downs,and ten minutes later are laughing and cutting up.It got my girls tore up all over.They were so close to their mother,they were dying with her watching the Alzheimeirs take her away from them.Maybe life goes on after the funeral today.Jerry

Jerry,

Our thoughts and prayers for you and all of your family. It's really hard to say goodbye to the elders as they leave us. And, of course life is never perfect, we just live it the best we can with whatever we're handed to do here.

One thing, Jerry, though Mom will miss her family, as her family misses her, she must be happier now than the way she had to live life at the end. I believe that there is always a special reward for those who have to tough out their last years here suffering.

Take care,

Brad