Military Firearm Restoration Corner

First Grandchild

sandyridge1123

It is a great day here, my first grandchild was born yesterday. She is a healty little girl. The wife and I are going to she her in a little while. Now I think I need to start thinking of my next gun project. I am thinking a light weight 257 blued in a walnut stock for a birthday present in a few years sounds good.

Congratulations on a healthy granddaughter. Some may think it silly to build a gun for a newborn, I do not. I can think how proud I would be to have a rifle built especially for me by my grandfather. I presently am now in a race against time and the checkbook to get a rifle built for my oldest daughter to hunt with this fall.

One thing good about being older than most of you here, is that I beat some of you to having the first grandchild (and a girl at that).

Mine is almost a year old now, and is a good reason to fight the Austin city traffic to go up there and visit the kids. It wasn't nearly as much fun before the grandchild.

Congratulations.

fritz

WOOOO-WHOOOO,good times are ahead for the Michiganmauser family.Way to go Pawpaw.I got my first 9 years ago last Tuesday,exactly a week from my birthday.You aint gonna believe the fun thats ahead of you.Congradulations buddy.Jerry

• 2 weeks later...