Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Scary Stuff!

AzRednek

Were those all Meskins? The pics are a bit fuzzy.

Wonder how many of them were illegal (in the true sense of the word)?

I'm for immigration reform too----we have too many immigrants, and I don't want this country to look, act, and smell like Mexico.

fritz

Were those all Meskins?

fritz

I assume so but the media seemed to find a lot of bleeding heart whites for interviews. Guess they had trouble finding anyone in the crowd that could speak English. On the other hand, if I happened to be in the area and had a microphone in my face, I would certainly become a vocal supporter if I intended to leave in one piece. I had to take my aunt to a Dr about five miles from the parade route, about three hours after it concluded and I couldn't believe how many people were on the streets. From what I heard on the news the crowd in Phoenix was small change compared to the demonstration today in Los Angeles. According the news report the LA crowd exceeded 100,000.

I hate to sound like a bigot, I'm not. I recall in history class many armed revolutions started as protest demonstrations. The French and Russian revolutions come to mind. Even our own home grown revolution got its roots from what our history books named The Boston Tea Party. Can't say with any first hand knowledge but I can strongly speculate history books in the UK have a better descriptive phrase for what really was a tax protest and demonstration. American Patriots dumped tea in the sea to protest a new tax. The history books never said anything about the actual victims, the owners of the cargo. If Mexican protesters destroyed somebody's property, say by burning it rather than dumping it in the sea to protest the new proposed immigration policy. Will history books be calling them patriots a hundred years from now??

I hate to admit it but I participated in a few demonstrations in late 60's. To be honest I wasn’t really in tune to the issues but the rewards for accompanying the radical white hippie type women made it more than worthwhile for my friends and I. After witnessing an incident I became angry but the majority of the crowd was ready to kill. After the crowd was ordered to leave a Catholic priest told a Deputy Sheriff in Spanish what I was told translated to "please these people just want to work for a living wage". The Deputy didn't say a word and for no reason slam dunked the priest with his billy club. The priest got up from the ground in alot of pain and controlled the crowd by speaking what I was told forgiveness and turning the cheek. If the priest had been knocked out cold or unable to speak. I really believe and it is no exaggeration the crowd would have killed the Deputy. What scares me about a crowd and a mass demonstration, is it will only take a single incident and it could easily turn bloody or what we call a race riot. Sorry for rambling I better get off the soap box.

Now we must pacify the Mexicans.

Hell yeah, pass a law that gives them all legal residence here. Let them work. They will send the word back to Mexico (faster than a speeding bullet) and their kin folks will clog the highways leading into this country.

That ain't the way my people came here, and I don't think it is the way your's did.

But the times, they are changing.

Not always for the better.

fritz

let them be armed. In this war on terror that would make them enemy combatants. Non-uniformed soldiers against the us. Pick them up and send them to guantonamo. Once they over run the base you can let fidel deal with them. Actually i have no problem with immigration if you're coming here to be an american. Unfortunatly most of the immigrants i see want to turn their new area into a little India or peru/costa rica/guatamala. I don't agree with that. If you came her you should become an American