Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Everybody Must Be Enjoying Spring, Eh?

FC

"Spring", what is that?

Is it a source of water seeping from the ground?

Is it the resilience in our matresses?

Or maybe the thingys on our vehicles that are supposed to absorb the bumps along our not-so-smooth roads?

Or maybe the time of the year when the young plants spring from the ground?

It could be the time when all young men's fancys turn to you know what. That time has gotten a lot of us in trouble.

Beats the heck out of me to understand the meaning of spring this year. I have been there, done that, in many years past. But this year, it is hard for me to see spring in the term of "young plants springing from the ground".

I would love to see them do this, but as each calendar day expires, it ain't happened here.

Give me water, or give me death. The more that I think of that, the more it makes sense.

fritz

Oh, but you do get it Tony (the rain that is).

The old saying about the rain is mainly on the plain, is in reference to Spain. I live on the plain (the coastal plain) and I got a whole tenth of an inch from the last norther.

Oh, I got winds that blew over trees (even in that hard ground) and that same ill wind dried out the little moisture that was in the soil. I am cursed on my ranch, because on the day when the rains hit my county and produced about 3/4" of water, I was playing golf (the first time in over a month) and it rained us out.

I came home and saw only a tenth in the guage (and a lot of wind damage). I am cursed.

I wonder if beating the drums and start the fire burning will make it rain. But I just remembered we have a burn-ban in this county. If I start a fire, I will be fined $500. And no telling how much of a fine for disturbing the peace!

But it might be worth it.

fritz