Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Army Ocs Board On The 19th Of April

Jimro

Tomorrow I get my chance to go before the OCS board and dazzle them with my brilliant mind and whatnot.

Which means I'll take all the help I can get.

I'm 26 years old, and this really feels like my "one shot" to get a commission, if I don't get picked up this time around the odds don't improve as I creep toward 29. I get 10 choices and I've asked for all three branches of Combat Arms (Infantry number 1 pick) as well as MP, Aviation, Cavalry, Signal, Engineer, and Chemical. Since I had to list ten so I chose to round it out with ordinance.

So I would appreciate any prayers that the OCS board make the right decision regarding a commission and a job field. There are no unimportant jobs in the Army, but I'm sure there are jobs that I could be more effective at than others.

Jimro

Jimro --

I will pray for you to get your commission and I hope that you totally dazzle 'em!

Now, if any of y'all get a chance...could you send me some good energy to win the MegaMillions lottery tonight?

LOL!

"There are no unimportant jobs in the Army, but I'm sure there are jobs that I could be more effective at than others."

May I wish you the best when it comes down to the field the Army wants you for.

I was never a candidate for OCS, nor did I wish to be one. I merely applied for, and stuck to my guns with, the field for which I knew I was best suited for. The field that I had been in for two years before enlisting.

I hope things work out for you the way they worked out for me. But then I was just a lowly airman in the AF.

I got the field I wanted, which was (or at least should have been) a no-brainer. But you never can tell about the armed services. You are their property now.

fritz

Jimro,

My prayers are with you.

My advice is to not try to dazzle, unless you're a talented salesperson. If you're not sure if you're a talented salesperson, you're not. If you are, you're probably better-off not in the areas you've listed.

Be yourself and let the chips fall where they may, and trust the prayers. Be straight-forward, honest, and the rest will fall into place. Isn't that nice! It works everytime (the catch is that things don't always fall into place on your schedule)!

Based on your interaction here I suspect the Army is going to grab you as best they can and hold on tight.

I wish you the very best!

Some prayers on the way.

Some advice:

As. I recall they ask questions about what you would do if?

The key question was could you accept advice from your nco's?

The answer I gave was that I would value their advice but the final decision and responsibility would be mine.

Good luck

Karl

Emul 8 ...some good waves coming your way as well : )\

Thanks karlunity!

I didn't win the MegaMillions lottery, but that's OK...I now have far more time to direct my attention and energies toward Jimro's efforts!

Like Doble Troble said, maybe "dazzle" wasn't the best choice of words, but what do I know, I never served in the armed forces, though, my grandmother did once try to pack me off to the Marines.

Essentially, Jimro, just know who you are, what you can do and be honest about it...integrity goes a long way no matter who or where you are.

And, as I already indicated, I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers!

Jimro,

Got here late, sorry. Congrats! I'm sure all work work out well for you as it should! We're all pulling for you!

-Mike