Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Anyone Got Any Big Plans This Weekend?

roscoedoh

Gentlemen,

I'm bored. Its 22:06 and I'm about to go eat supper. I've been whittling on my 30-06 stock all evening after running my butt off at work and I'm thinking a scotch with my chicken sounds good; I'm about give out.

My aquarium filter cratered on me last night so now I have a plumbing project awaiting me tomorrow evening once I finally finish work for the week. Then I may wire up the new speakers in my truck to replace the blown out ones I've been ignoring the last seven months. I did have a date with an old flame, but her boss nixed that by requiring her to work 3-11 tomorrow evening. Then I guess I can work on more gunsmithing stuff till I keel over.

All my buddies are either out of town, studying, or too wrapped up in their girl to get away for a while and I'm too broke to go out and go honky-tonkin'. I live in a tiny mobile home in the country away from everything but the neighbor. All in all, its shaping up to be yet another exciting weekend at Jason's house.

So tell me; who's got me beat? Surely one of you fine gentlemen (or ladies) has something going on worth talking about. Or are we all just that broke and that busy?

Jason

Personnel History: While waiting for my disability to start I almost lost everything as I could not work and had no income.

Jason,

Our family car (donated to us by our church pastor) laid down and died this week.

I pawned every firearm I own to buy a quarter million mile vehicle that turned out to have overheating problems. I might add I get my firearms by buying projects and fixing them, then selling or trading those to increase my firearm wealth. Gun's saved my home from foreclosure ( the sell of my babies was dramatic). Yet I still cling to the hope that one day I'll be able to keep one of my treasures. So what am I doing this weekend? Hunting a buy on a firearm, thanking God I can do so, and enjoying my grandson's! Not as envious as fixing an aquarium but I guess I can live with it.

Swamprat

If somebody tells you, "Cheer up. It could be worse." Just wait a while. It will get worse, but be glad nobody is trying to kill you.

This weekend I will pull out my harmonica and play some Blues.

Revrend Recoil

Baghdad, Iraq

Hanging out with the Hippy and fixin things around the house.

The Hippy has been studing the BIBLE and now she has me reading it.

That girl has the mind of a Oxford Don. She can study for days at a time.

Aside from that, just reading and hanging out.

Rat, I am sorry to read about your car and worse your collection.

I have some parts, Mauser parts , if they would help you get started again, let me know and I will mail them out.

Karl

Gentlemen,

I'm not saying things are bad, just bland. And things may be improving; the lady found some time.

Swamprat,

I have some parts to and I'd be happy to help you in any way I can. If you need some parts, let me know and I'll see what I can do to help you.

Have a nice weekend everyone!

I got the new one fixed. Power flushed the cooling system. This was tuesday. On thursday a good friend found parts for the old one and we patched it up on friday. I just had to pawn some of my guns and will be able to get them back. I had them put on seperate pawn tickets so I don't have to come up with a big amount at one time. I can scatter it out over a few months (as long as I pay the monthly interest). I appreciate the offer of parts put really don't need anything! Unless someone has a rear sight base for a Browning Buck Mark. Really didn't mean to sound like my life went to Hell in a hand basket! However it sure would of it wasn't for guns. More than once they pulled my chestnuts from the fire. And more than once this forum has offered assistance. Thanks

Swamprat

It is 93 F outside now and I need to jack up the Buick and adjust the right rear lower suspension arm. the POS original part snapped in two last week causing the tire to turn sideways and go flat. I nursed it home with the donut and then did an internet search to see what the heck the part was. $210 later the car is almost ready.