Military Firearm Restoration Corner

A Strange Feeling:

TYRVR

I went to a party today, it was the 30th. anniversary of the founding of the local Viet Nam Veterans Group.

Myself and three others founded the group because we were tired of some of the WWII and Korea making cracks about us not being in a "real" war, the local D.A.V. allowed us to use a room in their building to meet and set up a small museum of personal items and bring-back stuff. As the years have passed we started our own version of "THE WALL" with names of local guys that died since coming home. We had a small lunch and popped the top on some refreshments and talked about guys that we knew who are gone, I noted that we were almost down to the same number of members we started with.....due to death. None of us ever thought about the fact that our organization would end with us....as it began, we no longer meet once a month as some of us have moved and no longer can make a monthly trip to the Valley. Twice a year now seems to be about right, as we said our so longs and shook hands the following toast was made by yours truly, " Let the last man standing turn out the lights, as none will come here after you".

BTR

TYRVR.

I was talking to the class about the NAM and the role we played in holding the line against the advance of the Reds.

One of the kids raised her hand and said.."I know all about that..My grandpa was in it" !

Take care

Karl