Military Firearm Restoration Corner

.243 Ak

sonic1

NICE JOB!! I've got to eat crow after seeing that. An old shooting aquaintance that has a habit of telling some tall tales claimed he was building one and I just assumed he was exaggurating.

Just curious, I don't have the smarts or skills to build one. Is there a reason you used the Galil mags?? Your project would make a dandy deer rifle but I assume your state has a regulation on mag size for hunting. Can it use the small 5 rd AK mags??

its a lot of fab work involved in this ...i"m really just into building guns...i"ve got some in the vault

i"ve built that i haven"t even shoot ..the .243 won"t fit in a ak mag..but a galil is just a fancy ak .but in .308 it uses the same kind on latching ..a member here asked my if would do some machine work on a.308 ak..

after thinking about it ..and having a .243 A&B barrel on hand...plus some ak parts ..it just came together

been waiting on a rhineland arms mag adapter for a enfield .45 acp project i need to finish..

• 3 months later...