Military Firearm Restoration Corner

Sporters Rifles

Kyle

Please post photos and descriptions about your sporter builds.

I think we really need a photo section on the forum so everyone can show off their work but maybe this thread can be made a sticky at the top of the forum.

I really look forward to seeing a bunch of sporter rifles and hearing about your build. I think it would be really cool if you post a photo of the rifle before you sporterized it and one after the project was complete.

Kyle,that's one of my goals in life is to learn to post pictures.This gun board is about my only use for a computer,and I thinks it be time to expand.I get up every morning and crank this thing up to see what you cats are up to,then off to work where I use computers all day to program engines,ABS brakes,Allison transmissions and electronic dash clusters.We don't need wrenches much anymore,just keyboards.Maybe you'll see pics of my smokepoles soon.Jerry

Jerry try this!

http://imageshack.us/

Works good for me and seems intuitive.

I use the sidebar.

http://reg.imageshack.us/content.php?page=sidebar

Just click on no.1

There are others , but this one works for me! Now if I could just learn to take a decent picture!!

Here is one project for you Kyle! It was kind of an accident, as the barrel [284 Win.] got in my plunder at a gunshow, the action is a put together of mostly unknown origin [except the bolt that is from Davis May, it looks loooong in the pic, it is longer than most forged examples, but not that long! I didn't get the best shot of it] The stock was inlet for a 1903 A3 so that was a challenge, and left the bottom metal a bit proud. Measured 3 shot groups have been consistently 1.5" which is probably all my ole body is up to anyway!

I am working on others but maybe this will get your ball rolling. No it aint nearly as good as Z1r does, but I'm gonna practice till I get at least closer!! And I Like it just fine. MV

IPB Image

IPB Image

• 2 weeks later...

Mexican Mauser action with polished bolt and bent handle in a sporter stock with tapered barrel chambered in .243 Winchester. It is fitted with a Barska 9-24 x 50 AO scope on generic high mounts from the parts box. It has Uncle Mike's QD swivels installed and a Talon nylon one-handed sling with a Rock Mount 6"-13" bi-pod.

Rifle weighs 9 1/2 lbs fully loaded which I don't think is too bad.

IPB Image

Mike B)